Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3 Pathfinder players looking for a DM and 4th player

Two players working off EST, one off of Newfoundland Standard Time (EST +1:30) looking for a 4th player and a DM for a campaign, schedule to be worked out once we've found those interested.
How often would you be looking to play?
More then likely once a week, since it seems the easiest to schedule around
I am in EST and depending on the day and time I would be interested as a player. Usually available Mon, Tue, most Wednesdays and most Fridays between 7pm - 11pm. I am also a new player, having only played 4 sessions at this point. 3 as a player 1 as a GM.
So far this seems like it meshes with everyone else'ss schedule, if you had a gmail account we can add you to a Google Hangouts with the other 2 players and myself and we can see when works best for everyone, then go DM hunting
PM sent with gmail info.
Can you elaborate a bit on what you're looking for? Published adventures or homebrew? If the former, any published campaign looks interesting to you? How important are RP opportunities? How important are challenging combats? Any theme, tone, settings, etc.? I'm willing to DM giving the right group and that timing works out.
I personally am open to whatever, just want to play! I'd prefer a good mix of RP and combat, maybe a little more to the RP side.
I am open to DMing a game with you and your players. Rappan Athuk.
Cat and Kuriin, I'm open to any sort of adventure, published or original is fine, though I've been interested in ahomebrew campaign for months now if it were possible. Tone and theme are, well they're really of no difference to me, though I"m a fan of more serious things, as opposed to We be Goblins!, challenging combat is always nice, but without cheap gimmicks, such as a certain campaign that throws a creature with DR10 at level 2 PC's. RP is always a great thing and it's my main love of DnD in general
Ah. If you want homebrew, then I am out. Don't have time to come up with a campaign. This would be a dungeon crawl.
and also, Upon chatting with a couple other players, unless there are, and I quote' boatloads of reference material made available ' for a custom setting, I can't see a couple of the other players being okay with it Cat, but yeah

Edited 1404931948
(I'm one of the other players Silvern mentioned) With a good GM, we'd probably enjoy most a homebrew adventure/campaign within the Inner Sea setting, but an AP is also an option if the GM isn't up for a Golarion-based custom campaign. For APs: Carrion Crown, Mummy's Mask and Way of the Wicked are out, since at least some of us are playing one or more of these at the moment (I'm also GMing a Carrion Crown run). The rest I'd be fine with, personally. Also, I'm the main problem with custom settings. I tend to get completely lost in settings I don't know, and I usually read a ton about any new setting before I ever play a single game of it. I read PF core and four other setting books before I was comfortable enough to try to play it.
I'm open as a player to anything, I am currently the GM of a homebrew with my friends and just want a chance to get in and play without being responsible for the content.
Hey guys! I would love to GM for you, I can easily do a homebrew setting, but it still needs some details and other minor things worked out I would love to actually try and run it! If you guys are interested PM me or you can add me on skype: dethcage
Sounds like we got something going here. Silvern since you started topic you want to set something up?
You mean not okay with me because of problems with custom settings? I actually prefer APs in general, as a DM because I don't have consistent time for the amount of prep required in a homebrew, and as a player because of the same reason as Frank. Have you looked into Society play? The PFS scenarios happen in Golarion, and they don't make a campaign per se but with a little bit of work, you can build on the scenarios and add extra materials here and there to make a campaign. I started a few years ago playing Society only (it had its charm). In fact, it may be better to start with one module there to see whether your chosen DM is a good fit for the group before getting too invested in a long campaign. (Unfortunately for me the only APs I can join as a player now is Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, as I have either played, read or DMed the rest.)
well this exploded rather quickly I mean I made the topic but I didn't expect to find more than one DM for it, and now with two, both seemingly equally enthusiastic, I wouldn't know how to choose one, and I'd feel rather shitty to leave someone out int he cold
why not, just see what everyone's availability is (players and DMs) and pick based off the most compatible. I am good most Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri from 7pm-10:30pm ish EST.
I"m good Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays and early nights on Thursdays, as in, no later than 10:30 PM EST on Thursdays
I'd prefer thursdays or fridays, but I can also do mondays and/or wednesdays, all after 6pm. I also have saturdays free, which seems to be quite a feat in this group. Cat N. said: (Unfortunately for me the only APs I can join as a player now is Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, as I have either played, read or DMed the rest.) Well, are there any particular APs you've read, not yet GM'd, and would be excited or particularly interested to run? Joey I. said: Hey guys! I would love to GM for you, I can easily do a homebrew setting, but it still needs some details and other minor things worked out I would love to actually try and run it! If you guys are interested PM me or you can add me on skype: dethcage Homebrew campaign within an existing, published setting is fine. Homebrew settings (as in, a whole new world with new nations and cultures you've thought up) are problematic for me and some others, and unless you have hundreds of pages written up about this setting (or dozens of pages with really good writing organization and summarization) I'd feel way too confused and out of my depth to enjoy most homebrew settings and would probably bow out early.
I'm in GMT +7 and have a regular hour job, so if I'm to play with you we pretty much have to do weekends (unless all of you can do weekday mornings). My availability in order of preference: Friday night (from 7PM on, but the later the better for me), Saturday morning, Sunday morning. Some weeks I can also do Saturday evenings. How flexible are your weekend schedules? I have appointments popping up now and then, so the flexible everyone can be the better. I can do 7pm-11pm on a weekday occasionally too if some weekend doesn't work out. APs that I would be excited to run: - Rise of the Runelord: played as a player, ran the first book and then I had to relocate. Didn't have a chance to get to book 2, which I was most excited about! - Curse of the Crimson Throne: read it and watched some people play it. - Second Darkness: paizo's most hated AP, but I like the premise and story quite a bit! There's some problem with character motivation, but nothing that DM tweaks can't fix. - Reign of Winter: my group didn't like the Earth thing and will probably never play it, so I read it. Making a campaign from PFS scenario: I know society play pretty well and can do this, if there's interest.
Sunday and Saturdays are out for myself, and Sunday nights are out for Frank, we've got a campaign that night and I've got on late on Saturdays, though I could play earlier in the day,but we'd have to finish up by 8 EST
and personally, I wouldn't wanna play Runelords, I can name you one fight that's just straight up terribly designed that I dread ever oging back to in the first book I'd be up for any of the others, and I've gotta ask, I've got some free time this weekend and might work on a character, so can I ask if you've got any rules for Character Creation I cac keep in mind?
I am zero possibility on weekends, wife, kid and all that good stuff.
so, we want to set up a first meetup for those interested? Don't want to let all this interest fade away.
If weekends are not possible, then that leaves us with Friday night. I can also do a weekday night occasionally and with sufficient notice. Character creation: I usually go with 20 point buy and 2 traits (one of which must be a campaign trait). Feel free to use the traits in the player guides for Curse of the Crimson Throne and Reign of Winter. If we play Second Darkness, the player guide and campaign traits need some... rewriting (also it's not free). Also, playing an elf or half-elf is highly recommended in Second Darkness, for narrative purpose. Any paizo class is fine, non-standard races subjected to approval. I prefer things to make sense in-universe, which means regional stuff only if you're from that region, etc. Spellcasters start with core spells and spell in that region only and non-core spells must be researched or learned from an NPC. I have no problem with munchkinry, though too much attention on that front tends to diminish enjoyment. Why don't you all tell me about the character you have in mind and how interested you are in these APs?
And I'm for meeting up. How about next Friday? I can also meet briefly between 9pm and 10pm EST most weekdays.

Edited 1405183475
Next Friday is doable for me. and any day except for Tuesday I can meet around 9-10. I have two characters I have in mind. One is a CG half-elf cleric who was raised by humans and knows nothing of Elf tradition or anything really outside of Sandpoint. He will be a member of Sandpoint Cathedral and a worshiper of Desna. The other is an elf N Rogue who lives on the outskirts of town and makes his living gambling, stealing and taking jobs that may or not be considered legal....
I was thinking of making myself an Archery Rogue, so we'd have a skill monkey in the group, For actual RP purposes i"m thinking he's been run out of his hometown and ende dup in Sandpoint, down on his luck, barely making/pick pocketing enough fo rroom and board and looking for a way out of the doldrum life he's got now
ugh Campaign traits make me sad because, well, PCGen seems to dislike having them in the character trait list
and For a race, I'd either go human or Catfolk, actually leaning towards the Catfolk if it was cool with you holy triple post batman
I'm cool if you want to make characters from Sandpoint as their background, but just so you know, Runelords is the only AP taking place in Sandpoint. The other ones don't have anything to do with Sandpoint. Your campaign trait selection depends on what campaign we play. They're mostly for tying your character to the start of the campaign; the bonus can may be written as a custom perk. Catfolk archery rogues are good with me.
ok, well once we settle on an AP we can mod as needed, then again the characters can be traveling from Sandpoint to said location as well.
Some APs require more work on the part of the GM to adapt for characters not specially made for them. I had a group of players veer from Kassen (Crypt of the Everflame story) as their hometown to somehow getting entangled with an Ustalavian professor so we could hop straight into Carrion Crown, and it didn't go as well as I planned, and consequently the motivation and character attachment wasn't all there. We're still feeling the aftereffects more than halfway into the first book (and half a dozen sessions or so). AP-wise I'd prefer Runelords if the problems Silvern has had with it can be edited out. Reign of Winter seems like it does a lot of weird things I'm not very enthusiastic about, and Second Darkness wouldn't be my first choice simply because 400 hours of Neverwinter Nights (with expansions and sequels) tends to make you a bit numb about Drow.
OK, people so how many people do we have that are in for this? And is Frank W going to DM? Lets not let this die out, we have a good amount of people interested so might as well start it up.

Edited 1405431475
Domenick S. said: OK, people so how many people do we have that are in for this? And is Frank W going to DM? Lets not let this die out, we have a good amount of people interested so might as well start it up. Frank W. said: (I'm one of the other players Silvern mentioned) [...] While I may have plans to GM another campaign at some point in the relatively near future, that's outside of here. I'm a player for this one. I believe so far the plan is to try to have a chat on this coming Friday and hammer out whether or not our schedules will work, with Cat N. as the GM if things do work out.

Edited 1405462679
If the slot is still open I'd love to join you all as a player. I seem to be having one hell of a time finding a group to play Pathfinder with, even harder finding one that does more than the core rulebook. Edit: Guess I should totally tell about myself a tiny bit... Heh. Played a bit of Pathfinder and am very familiar with the rules. Have been role playing for a number of years now and very much love it. I've never really been able to really role play to a really deep level on roll20 yet, mostly because the groups I've gotten haven't been heavily RP focused, so doing that would be cool. I have a working mic, skype and all that, but no web cam. I'd be particularly interested in playing a dhampir but any of the core races would also be fine. Hopefully there IS a player slot open with you guys, but if not, bummer I guess. Would be cool if you knew anyone who had an open slot.
PMs sent to Frank, Domenick, and Silvern regarding getting together to chat if plans with Cat N fall through.
What about Curse of the Crimson Throne? It seems no one particularly likes or dislikes it, so that may be a good one. I'll be up for meeting on Skype around 9EST this Saturday. If that still works for everyone, let's meet then.
yeah my Saturdays are out, unless they can be freed up by 8 PM, since I've gotta campaign on Saturday nights, I thought we were going with Friday..
Oops sorry, I totally meant Friday.
yeah Saturdays are no good for me either, I should be able to make this Friday. I'm guessing Friday will just be meet up decide what we are playing, and what character builds/rules are? If I can't make it just let me know the groups decision. I am open to play whatever class we need.
so...what's everyone's skype :P
So do we even have a time or date set to play?
Sorry couldn't make Friday. What was decided?
How about Friday like last time? Probably not this Friday since I'll need a bit more time to go through books and then prep. Maybe we can meet with Domenick though since we didn't last time. We're playing CotCT and everyone just made their characters. So far we have a Rogue, a Samurai and a Magus (unless Jeff changed his mind and made a duelist instead).