Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mongoose Traveller v2 - character sheet not fully translated

Hi there, Looks like there are some fields on the MgT2e character sheet that are not fully translated: skills for ex, or sheet tabs titles I had a look on Crowdin but these sections are not available for translation. What needs to be done in order to have all the fields of the sheet fully translated? Thanks in advance
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
How the translation tags are added to the sheets: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Translation</a> As a Pro user you could take the sheet sourcecode &amp; do the needed changes to the HTML &amp; translation.json files, and then someone could help you upload it to github, where roll20 hosts the character sheet code. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Using_Custom_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Using_Custom_Character_Sheets</a>
Thanks Andreas, I'll have a look
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: Thanks Andreas, I'll have a look Griselame, Have you had a chance to look at this? I can run through the sheet to get the untranslated strings if you'd prefer.
Hi Martin, TBH, no, I've been hammered with work the last two weeks. Maybe adding the strings so I can work on them through Crowdin would be easier indeed. Is that possible? Have a great day
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: Hi Martin, TBH, no, I've been hammered with work the last two weeks. Maybe adding the strings so I can work on them through Crowdin would be easier indeed. Is that possible? Have a great day Sorry, thought I would be done a bit sooner, but I've started on this and hope to push the new translation.json this week so that you can go through Crowdin.
Great :) I'll be happy to help once its online
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: Great :) I'll be happy to help once its online Took a bit longer than I expected, but the pull request is now in the queue ( #8699 ) and should be available sometime soon.
Hi Martin, I've loaded my translations on Crowdin Have a great day
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: Hi Martin, I've loaded my translations on Crowdin Have a great day Fantastic! Have you spotted any strings that I've missed? I think there is something complicated I need to do to get the Roll Query strings translated, although I confess I didn't really grasp that part of the instructions.
Let me have a look tonight or tomorrow, and I'll report back to you 😉
So I had a look, and it appears even though the translations are correctly logged on the sheet itself, they don't show up in the chat boxes:
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: So I had a look, and it appears even though the translations are correctly logged on the sheet itself, they don't show up in the chat boxes: OK, I had a look and it actually seemed to be pretty easy (for the limited number of roll queries in this sheet). I've created the Pull Request for this, so should be in your game by the weekend (at a guess).
Hi Martin, How are you keeping? For some reason,the abilities &amp; skills in the chat boxes are not translated anymore. It does translate correctly for the combat section however. It was working fine for a while, but not anymore. Not a game breaker, but don't understand why it stopped working.&nbsp; Something on Roll20's side?
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: Hi Martin, How are you keeping? For some reason,the abilities &amp; skills in the chat boxes are not translated anymore. It does translate correctly for the combat section however. It was working fine for a while, but not anymore. Not a game breaker, but don't understand why it stopped working.&nbsp; Something on Roll20's side? Sorry for not responding sooner, I'm been a bit busy the last few weeks. I've had a look at the source and I can see that the chat box labels are actually still hard coded, I must have missed them. I'll try and fix it this coming weekend.
No worries :) Have a great weekend!
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Griselame said: No worries :) Have a great weekend! Thanks! I've created a Pull Request on GitHub for the translations of Roll Template labels (Attributes and Skills, mainly). This should show up in a few days, I guess. There is an additional translation key ("initiative-u": "Initiative") created.
sweet, I'll let you know when it's on Thanks a lot, mate!
All good now, thank you so very much :) Have a great day

Edited 1623726155
I am in the process of setting up&nbsp; a campaign and am messing around with the sheet and I have to admit, im confused. I am trying to link a token to my first test character sheet. Since hit points are basically a sum of the three physical characteristics; Endurance, Strength and Dex. I assumed there would be a field where that stat was calculated (hitpoints maybe) and I could link it to one of the token bars. No such luck. Then I saw the injury-Dex, injury-end, etc. in the drop down menus for the token bars and figured that is what was used to track the injury to those characteristic. With some fiddling I figured out that the injury- entries were somehow linked to the Temp fields of their respective Characteristic on the character sheet. A bit counter-intuitive, but I figured it out. However, in order for those value to be displayed as a bar on the token, they must be a positive number. "Ok, I think, that make's sense. You've got a temporary stat that fluctuates depending on injury or some other negative effect. Great! Problem solved." But now I'm seeing that when that temp field matches the rating field (whhich I had assumed was the static base value of the characteristic) this acts as a bonus to the rating and therefore calculates up the associated modifier. So a character with a base Strength of 9 and a filled temp Strength of 9 will max out their modifier. How am I supposed to track damage with this sheet? Am I missing something glaringly obvious? do need to keep the injury/temp field at 0 and apply a negative to track damage? If so, tracking hit points on tokens is not at all intuitive, since bars cannot display a negative there is no way to keep linked stat tracking hit points right now, which makes my job as a referee much harder when I'm trying to keep track of multiple combatants.
I think it's better if you use the "injury-ability" values instead: like that you can retract or add when needed
Exemple with a -3 added to Endurance: Original score Added penalty
yeah, but if you are used to tracking hitpoints on the board using tokens, this isn't very useful. The bars don't display negative numbers, so in order to track how much hp each npc and player has, id need to keep every single sheet open, rather than being able to tell at a glance. it's very less than ideal
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon S. said: yeah, but if you are used to tracking hitpoints on the board using tokens, this isn't very useful. The bars don't display negative numbers, so in order to track how much hp each npc and player has, id need to keep every single sheet open, rather than being able to tell at a glance. it's very less than ideal So, if you want to track health in the tokens you will need to display 3 'current value' bars for STR, DEX and END. As you've spotted, these values aren't stored by the sheet at the moment, just calculated from the amount of damage listed in the 'temp' field. Shouldn't be much work to add, I'll have a look.
Martin P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Quick update for Simon: the calculated values are actually available already, they are calc-&lt;attr_name&gt;, i.e. calc-Strength, calc-Dexterity, etc.