Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(Pathfinder/3.5/open)2 players LF DM/others for 1 shot Fri night (MST)

Howdy! My friend and I have played 3.5 and pathfinder for a while together, but now live a ways apart. Roll20 seems like the perfect solution to get us gaming again. The problem is, neither of us are very comfortable with the system. We would love to find a DM or established group to show us the ropes via a 1 shot campaign. We are willing to try other game systems too if material is available. Looking to try this out sometime in the evening this Friday(7/11) but we could consider Saturday AM as well. Thanks for any help!
How does, say, 5pm Mountain sound to you? I'll gladly GM a one-shot, if you don't mind a Pathfinder dungeon-crawl with a lot of randomization! The easiest scenario for me to create is a dungeon-crawl, but if you've got requests I can see what I can do to accommodate you. Do you have any special requests? I've got a set of pre-gens at level 6, or you can feel free to make your own characters of that level or lower. Would this be just you or your friend, or would you welcome other players to join you? It's up to you, I'm fine either way. I've got a lot of assets set up already, so it'll be easy for you to get the hang of the system. Let me know what you think. -Phnord
Hey Phnord, thanks for the reply! A dungeon crawl would be be fine. I'm awaiting a reply from my friend to see if 5 is too early or not. We are done making characters, as both of us are avid theory crafters and have plenty of character concepts waiting to be played. I would also say that other players would be welcome within reason, especially if you have someone in mind! I'll let you know asap what my buddy says.
I did send an invite to one person; I'd prefer that other new players join probably through this posting. I'll leave it to you to decide who gets to play, up to a maximum of, say, eight players, but that too is up to you. What level characters do y'all have prepared? I'd be interested in knowing about them ahead of time, it can help me design some non-random aspects to the game, and give me a chance to brush up on any weirdness they've got going on. I'm not the most knowledgeable Pathfinder GM but my game style and setup helps mitigate that, as long as you're ok with the concept of "What the GM says happens, is what happens." Hopefully we can get the details nailed down by tomorrow, and get right into the game on Friday. As far as time, that's just a suggestion; I'm a night owl and will be awake and willing to keep playing as long as folks wish to do so. Looking forward to it. -Phnord
Hey Phnord, Can we make it 6 to give us a little room for error in case he works? Any level works for us, but I personally would prefer a mid level run (10-14 would be awesome as we rarely get to touch those levels). When I get home this evening, I can send you a character sheet of whatever level and I'll tell my friend to do the same. I mentioned the game to one other player we've played with but with no response yet. I figure anyone is welcome that fits your guidelines, so if you have anyone else in mind, feel free. Thanks again, and talk to you soon!
As far as starting time is concerned, 6pm Mountain is just fine by me. I'll be there ahead of time, and these things never start promptly anyway, so yeah, no problem at all. Get there when you get there. Regarding level, the reason I suggest level 6 is because I don't have much in the way of higher-level assets set up right now, and it's those assets I do have ready that make it possible for me to do randomized one-shots like this. I'm working my way up through the bestiary but haven't made it too far yet (there's only 100 monsters to choose from so far!) so, yeah, if you want any kind of challenge we're going to need lower level characters. I've mentioned this to a few people, some who may wish only to observe from the sidelines, but nobody's confirmed anything yet. You, and those you invite, will of course get first priority but others are welcome to join. If there aren't enough present when we're getting ready, we can always post an open link and see who jumps in at the last minute. If you'd like to meet 'in person' tonight when you get home, let me know either here or in private messages; I'll set something up so we can talk things over. Be patient; despite appearances, I don't actually live on Roll20, but I do check in on a fairly regular basis. -Phnord
Hey Im Mrrob is friend. Im looking forward to the game! Ill hash out some details on my character and get back to you.
Howdy Brad! Just got a note from Mrrob, looks like things are go for launch tomorrow. I'll be building the room shortly before 6:00 Mountain time; this doesn't mean you have to be there then, just that that's a good time to start setting things up. I'll be sending join links to those who, well, will be joining us, at that time or before. As I said, my pre-generated characters are at level 6, so that's the level I'd like to see players' characters at, roughly (give or take a level or two). Anyone who doesn't have a character ready by the time we're starting to actually play can use one of those pregens. I've got a rough idea of Mrrob's character, and some wheels turning in my head already, so that's good. Looking forward to what y'all, and the dice, bring to the game! See ya then! -The Phnord Project
Hello everyone! Phnord invited me. I am pretty new to all this but I am eager to learn. I think I am going to roll with one of the pre made characters if thats alright.
Heya, if you guys are alright with me playing (Phnord let me know about this) I'd love to join if you're alright with it. If so, any idea what sorts of characters you're interested in playing? I'll try to avoid overlap.
Yeah, we would love to have you guys! I am playing a Nature Oracle with an animal companion and a moderate focus on summoning to utilize my "animal friends." I believe Brad will be rolling an INT based melee fighter, multiclassing a bit. I suppose we could use a little meat, but if you go another way, I can use summons for that.
Tanky Paladin sound okay?
Howdy everyone! I have sent links to: Mrrob143 Brad B Harry P Rob W Anyone else who wishes to join this game, for either observation or participation, should let me know. -Phnord
Bumped Official game time is one hour from now. Can accept two more players, for a total of six. Prefer people new to Roll20, new to RPGs, or both. Sign Up Here. -Phnord
Im available to play now