Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Interest check] Saturday morning cartoons

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm working on a board for one shot Saturday cartoon games and thought before I get to far into it, I might want to do an interest check. I will be ready to start the sessions in early August (have to get through summer semester in college) and it will be random one shots but that might change later on. Not sure of the time or day yet but will talk more about it in a few weeks. This is just an interest check at the moment.
I have not heard of this but it sounds kinda awesome.
I think I'd like to hear more about it.
As would I.
Im completely new to this but Saturday mornings are great for me, im in the PST time zone. I'd love to learn, I played some DnD maybe 10 years ago, and have never found a group to play with again as ive moved around. Let me know if youre willing to show an old dog some new tricks lol

Edited 1405003255
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jared W. said: Im completely new to this but Saturday mornings are great for me @Jared. It wouldn't be on Saturday. I'm sorry that mislead you. It was termed to indicate those types of cartoon silliness; Tom &Jerry, Roadrunner, and the wackiness of the loony tunes. to the others: It would be using the OOP system Toon. I will supply the needed rules prior to game but it is quick and easy to make characters.
There's a system that I haven't heard of in a while. I'd be willing to look into it, though.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is a rather simple system. 4 attributes that you spread 14 points between with none going over 6. 29 skills that start off at the attribute level before you spread the 30 skill points between those skills. No skill can be raised above a 9. the dice mechanic is easy. roll 2d6 under the skill when needed. If you over then you fail; roll under and you succeed. There are more but not much. Picture Tom chasing Jerry (skill check:running) until Jerry leads Tom around the corner and into Butch the bulldog. Butch grabs Tom (opposed skill check: Fight vs Dodge if Tom tries to evade) and starts punching him. When Tom takes enough damage, his eyes spin and he falls down (0 hp) then a short time later (9 - muscle in rounds it takes to get back up with full health: house rule) he is up and running again. very simple and fast paced if everyone keeps it in mind that this is just a cartoon and silliness happens a lot (usually required).
That sounds great, I'm interested