Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fiasco still broken after 10 months?

Hey there.  New to Roll 20.  Really into how well it works, so I shelled out money for the base core module and all of the expansions at once, since my friends and I are trying to play the new Fiasco through video conference. However, there's some issues where it looks like a bunch of packs won't work properly.  Every time I attempt to pull cards out of certain decks, they turn into other existing cards from a different expansion pack module that I've added on to the game.  After browsing through the forums, it looks like people were complaining about this problem somewhere about 10 months ago, and then nothing done to fix what I think is the same error? Is that the case, or am I somehow loading addons wrong so that all of my expansion packs can appear in a game at once?
Gold
Forum Champion
Eeek, Sam! If this thread doesn't get a reply, please try to report it through the "Help Center" link at the top of Roll20. That might get a stronger answer.
Will do.  Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Just so I can reproduce this correctly, can you give a concrete example of which decks show this issue?

Edited 1617698711
Yeah so: TL DR: All expansion decks cause this issue, and (some) Core Module decks will also be affected by it. What you're seeing here is a game started with just the Core Fiasco Module.  I've taken three cards from the three different Core Playset Decks Dragonslayers, Poppleton Mall, and Tales From Suburbia  and placed them on the table (in a regular game you use just one of those decks, I happened to have drawn 3 different types of playset card from each deck).  In the bottom right corner of the cards, you can see that they belong to their respective decks.  Everything good so far. What you'll see now, is directly after adding the first expansion module Feel The Rush to the same game, with the Core Module already loaded.  (I had originally encountered this after loading the Core Module and then adding all expansion packs before ever loading the game first, so it works both ways).  I've deleted the previous "Location: Historic Downtown" card from the Tales From Suburbia  deck to make room for the next example. What you'll see here, is two cards that register as being from the expansion deck, both the In The Weeds  and The Hasty and Hateful  (as noted in the bottom right corner of the cards, which I've again highlighted).  The bottom two cards. However, both cards were not pulled from their corresponding expansion decks.  I tried pulling them from both Dragonslayer , and Poppleton Mall  respectively.  Upon attempting to pull out a Dragonslayers card and put it on the board like before, I instead get a card from In the Weeds .  Pulling from Poppleton Mall  gives me a Hasty and Hateful  card.  Oddly enough the Tales From Suburbia  deck from the Core Fiasco module still works normally.  After double-clicking the Dragonslayer  deck to look through it, the card I pulled "Relationship: Romance | Uptight bartender..." does not exist in the Dragonslayer's deck even though that's what it gave me. Adding another expansion pack yielded similar results, again converting the expansion decks to In the Weeds  and Hasty & Hateful -- however if loading a fresh Fiasco game and loading a different expansion set first, it will overwrite the other decks to those from that expansion instead.  If adding the expansion set with In the Weeds  and Hasty & Hateful again to a game that has Core and another expansion loaded, it will favor Weeds and Hateful.   Makes me think somehow this is some sort of index reference mistake in the code somewhere. To clarify that last paragraph a little, even though the decks from the Feel The Rush  expansion will seemingly be favored (I think) even with other expansions mixed in, other expansion decks will ALSO have this issue with overwriting the other decks in this way.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Thanks for the detailed explanation, I'll try and duplicate that!
Aaron H.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Throwing this out there.... switching browsers fixes bugs fir me.  Safari doesn’t work well with roll 20, so I use chrome.  Not sure what browser you’re using but.... 
Chrome :p
This is still an issue. It looks like "In the Weeds", "Hateful", and "Tales of Suburbia" have overwritten all of the other playset decks.
Hey everyone! Samuel C (and others), thanks for bringing this to our attention. Thanks to your reports we were able to investigate the bug in question and discover the cause. We are working with the Publisher to re-create these products, fresh and bug-free, and will have an update for you when the fixed products are live! I appreciate your patience. Happy gaming!
Thanks for looking into it!  Appreciate you guys. :)