Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Eternal Loading

Basically what it says in the title. When I try to join the game, it gets as far as loading player names and the turn order box before just staying on the loading screen. After a while it gives me the error message of 'connection to the server has been interrupted' and checking the status site doesn't yield any new results. I've tried on chrome, firefox, and even edge in an act of desperation but all of them had the same results. This is the first week this has happened, and we've been playing fine for months.
I'd wait till tomorrow and try again. Roll20 has been absolutely BUGGIN the past few days. Last I played everything was super laggy and I was unable to close character sheets unless I reloaded the page and now even token editing won't work etc etc. Don't know the details but I think Roll20 pushed an update regarding the chat that broke a whole lotta things. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Bobbi G. said: Basically what it says in the title. When I try to join the game, it gets as far as loading player names and the turn order box before just staying on the loading screen. After a while it gives me the error message of 'connection to the server has been interrupted' and checking the status site doesn't yield any new results. I've tried on chrome, firefox, and even edge in an act of desperation but all of them had the same results. This is the first week this has happened, and we've been playing fine for months. There are a number of things that can cause this. Most usual is a map that is far too large and trying to use Dynamic Lighting (being unable to even load is more of an LDL issue, though). Can other players enter the game? If they can, the issue might be the map.Try creating a  Dummy Account  and promoting it to GM. If it can log in, have it edit the lighting on the map your regular account is set for. You might be able to load then. Alternatively, you can try loading in a private browsing window. Using a browser you rarely or never touch should have eliminated any potential extension problems, but it doesn't hurt. If this still brings no joy, your best bet is to file a  Help Center Request  and include a console log that you capture while trying to load the game. The instructions for capturing a log are in step 4 of the troubleshooting links I'll post below the line: Could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
So update on this issue: I left it to load, and it eventually (after like 10-15 minutes, I wasn't really keeping great track) opened me into the map, there were a few minor issues after that but each subsequent refresh fixed them one at a time. Annoying, but ultimately fine. Thank you for the suggestions though! I suspect the root cause was/is on my end, either my internet or my computer itself