Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rerolling Exploding Dice

I'm having some issues with a tricky macro - let's boil it down to "1d10!!r<2". The issue is, if it rolls a 10 and explodes into an 11 or 12, it'll reroll the whole thing. Any idea on how to make the rerolling portion leave the exploding portion alone?
Any help here is welcome - if I don't find a solution, I'll have to homebrew some different abilities for my players.
Maybe try putting the exploding dice portion in curly brackets.  So something like {1d10!!}r<2
Jesse said: Maybe try putting the exploding dice portion in curly brackets.  So something like {1d10!!}r<2 Doing "/r {1d10!!}r<2" returns "There was an error with your formula. Please try again.", and "[[{1d10!!}r<2]]" is a bit more specific: "SyntaxError: Expected "d", "k", "m", "mt", "x", [0-9] or [>|<|=] but "r" found."
My only idea is maybe you can accept running the single other exploding dice mode and manually add?
DM Eddie said: My only idea is maybe you can accept running the single other exploding dice mode and manually add? Also won't work, as the full macro should be something like 4d10!!r<2kh2 (with queries for the proper numbers to roll and keep). As is, if one die explodes into an 11, it ends up being dropped for a lower value.