Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e OGL API Ammo Tracking Not Tracking

Edited 1618193641
I want to first say I am not the DM for this game but I am able to easily contact him.&nbsp; Hopefully I won't have to. We recently enabled API for our game.&nbsp; We are using the 5e OGL Sheets.&nbsp; DM followed all instructions found here:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5E_by_Roll20:_How_to_setup_Ammunition_and_Resource_tracker" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5E_by_Roll20:_How_to_setup_Ammunition_and_Resource_tracker</a> I then went into my character sheet, clicked the cog wheel and made sure Ammo Tracking (API Required) was sent to ON. Then went into my Inventory and set my ammo, Arrows, to Use As a Resource.&nbsp; Had the box pop up in the Resources section. Went into my weapon under Attacks and Spellcasting and set the Ammunition to Arrows.&nbsp; There are no spaces after the word and they are both spelled exactly the same between my inventory and the weapon .&nbsp;&nbsp; So everything has been followed to allow my character to auto deduct ammo for easy tracking.&nbsp; But it won't.&nbsp; I have my token selected, fire my weapon, and it does not track the ammo.&nbsp; &nbsp; I've read in other posts to press the up arrow to see the macro in detail, so I am posting it here.&nbsp; I don't know what I'm looking at, so please be patient with me.&nbsp;&nbsp; @{Bryzok The Betrayed|wtype}&amp;{template:atk} {{mod=+12}} {{rname=[Longbow +1](~-MV9EjfgC0FprThie7es|repeating_attack_-MY2hVMpHZ4FVwVZ3qq2_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Longbow +1](~-MV9EjfgC0FprThie7es|repeating_attack_-MY2hVMpHZ4FVwVZ3qq2_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{Bryzok The Betrayed|d20}cs&gt;20 + 5[DEX] + 2[MOD] + 4[PROF] + 1[MAGIC]]]}} @{Bryzok The Betrayed|rtype}cs&gt;20 + 5[DEX] + 2[MOD] + 4[PROF] + 1[MAGIC]]]}} {{range=150 / 600}} {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Bryzok The Betrayed|global_attack_mod}}} ammo=Arrows @{Bryzok The Betrayed|charname_output} As a note, I saw other posts and two things stuck out to me:&nbsp; One poster said that deleting any items out of the inventory broke the character sheet and also broke the API ammo tracking.&nbsp; A second poster on a separate forum stated they had to re-create the entire character sheet for a player in order for the API to work.&nbsp; If the API we are using is the problem and if someone could recommend to me another API that is easy to setup just for Ammo tracking, I would greatly appreciate it.&nbsp; Step by step instructions would be lovely.&nbsp; Thank you. Quick Edit, I've tried deleting and re-adding both the weapon and ammo.&nbsp; That has not fixed it.&nbsp; I don't know if the DM missed anything, but I want to assume he did not, but it is possible.
I am a fool because apparently Talk To Myself makes it so that the ammo tracking doesn't display.&nbsp; And here I am trying to figure out what's wrong when the answer was nothing.&nbsp; Doh.&nbsp; Close this topic please and thank you.&nbsp; Everything was done right and to the letter.&nbsp; Problem Existed Between Keyboard and Chair.