Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Google fonts breaking the character sheet rendering

Edited 1618301257
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi all Another bug &nbsp;unexpected features that just hit me while I was hoping to push an updated version of a character sheet I'm authoring And now I am stuck, waiting for an answer from R20 support that will come in 2d20 days if I'm lucky... This is the start of the CSS for my ChroniquesGalactiques sheet: @import url('<a href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Titillium+Web&amp;display=swap" rel="nofollow">https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Titillium+Web&amp;display=swap</a>'); /* Couleurs Base bleu = #2F5860 Bleu light = #7F989D Dégradé fond : 575D51 9B9E99 CECBC4 DDDAD2 ECEDE8 FDFEFD */ div, button, textarea, span, input, select, table, tr, td, th { box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Verdana'; font-size: 12px; } I am importing a Google web font for the main labels on the sheet, and all other elements / controls are supposed to be rendered with the standard 'Verdana' font The current version of the character sheet which is in R20's Github has this CSS and it renders correctly both the Google font styled elements and&nbsp; the Verdana-styled elements. However, if I use the sandbox to load the new HTML and CSS, or if I create a new campaign with a Custom charsheet then paste the modified HTML and CSS for my charsheet, the labels that use the web fonts are correctly rendered, but ALL other elements are rendered with a default font, not Verdana. I can't see any reference to Verdana if I inspect the HTML elements, the font-family is set to inherit Now, if I comment out the Google font import at the top of the CSS, then the controls on the character sheet are rendered with Verdana as expected (but anything that should be displayed with the web font is not rendered correctly). Tried both Chrome &amp; Firefox. Still using the legacy sanitizer. Also disabled the VTT ES browser extension, just in case.&nbsp; Any idea ?

Edited 1618302227
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I feel your pain... It's been noticed that the very first class after the google fonts line is ignored in the CES update for some unknown reason. ;-( Try adding a dummy class ie .something {content:'';} immediately after the @import line.
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Vince Thanks dude. That addressed the issue with the fonts rendering. I see that you are a sheet author and have the badge. I have pushed about 20 PRs for the couple of sheets I've been authoring for a couple of years, notified the bug forum a few weeks ago. Still not having it. Guess you fought for years to have it. Congrats dude :) I'm pissed off by this ongoing shit. Planning a move to Foundry
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The forum badge comes from you adding your roll20id to the sheet.json file of some sheet you've edited/created.

Edited 1618324285
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Andreas Actually that's what I have done for a couple of years now in the two sheets I was co-authoring and now authoring alone { "html": "coc.html", "css": "coc.css", "authors": "StéphaneD", "roll20userid": "84776", Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting a message to the bug forums nor doing the sarcastic remarks I've done above
Hey everyone, Just wanted to chime in on this thread and note that we're aware of this issue, and we're working to resolve it. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing in the meantime! Also: I'm not sure why you haven't been given the appropriate forum badge, Stephane, but I will look into this too!
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Nic
Hi Stephane, No progress on the CSS yet, I'm afraid, but I was able to get the forum badges updated!
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nic,&nbsp; Thx for the badge I was able to do a PR for my sheet after using the trick suggested by Vince above.