Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug when trying to edit Text notes on the GM Layer.

When trying to edit Text I have on the GM info Overlay, in a certain map, I double click to enter and edit, but it doesn't light up, the cursor just stays as a grabbing hand or a cross. If I move the mouse, the whole screen moves to the opposite direction and displaces the whole text box with it.  If I change the map and come back, the problem persists. If I move to another map, whatever I pick, doesn't matter the layer, gets stuck in my cursor and behaves the same way.
I can confirm that, for me at least, this bug is tied to turning on Updated Dynamic Lighting. I can create a new page without UDL on and textboxes behave normally, but as soon as I turn it on (in particular, as soon as a use the right mouse button to pan), the bug appears. Turning off UDL does not make the bug go away unless I refresh the browser (Firefox). Based on reports, it seems this bug cropped up alongside the April 13th update.
I am also having this bug.  Whenever I click a text box on the GM layer it seems to change to using both the select and pan tools simultaneously and binds the text box to my mouse.  Once it's bound to my mouse, I can't deselect it or select any other object on any other layer.
Sarah Rebecca Cohen said: I can confirm that, for me at least, this bug is tied to turning on Updated Dynamic Lighting. I believe this might be true. It also happens on Chrome.