Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][D&D5e][Paid][Homebrew][18+][Weekly][Experienced DM]The World of Gaian

I’m looking to recruit players to join my “World of Gaian” discord server.  It’s free to join the server and you can use the role-play rooms while I search out a game time that fits your schedule.  (Note that there is a payment aspect for each of the services I offer once you join a game.) This is a D&D 5 th  edition homebrew world with several options for play.  First, there is the campaign option.  There are currently two campaign options and the campaign group meets on a weekly basis. (More information about the campaign storylines is available on the server.) The campaign storylines are more traditional games that uses milestone leveling and follows a narrative that the players can heavily impact with their decisions.  There are real choices they must make which will affect how the game plays out and which allies/enemies will live or die. The “Lost Continent” is a combat-heavy game where any player can team up with any other player to form an adventuring party and go out to explore the unknown lands of the Lost Continent.  Players all start at level one and use XP leveling to advance. As the story goes on, more dangerous situations will appear that can only be approached by higher-level groups, while lower-level opportunities will continue to present themselves for the newer players.  The fate of the colony will be determined by player decisions, and the players will have to work together to help protect the colony. About Me I’ve been playing D&D for close to thirty years, primarily as a Dungeon Master.  For most of that time, I’ve designed and run my own world on a weekly basis.  I also worked in the video game industry and for Wizards of the Coast. If you're looking for a reliable DM with a proven track record of success, I'm the DM for you.  I’ve been using roll20 for about six years and am very familiar with the platform. In addition to D&D (2nd through 5th), I’ve run Pathfinder, Dungeon World, Gurps, Star Wars, Shadowrun, and Amber (though admittedly, my knowledge and experience running these is much more limited compared to D&D).  I love storytelling and game design, often trying to come up with new and unique mechanics to make the games I’m running more enjoyable. I’ve been running games long enough, that I can feel confident calling myself a professional Dungeon Master.  My job is to work with my players to provide a fun experience for the table as a whole.  My skills from thirty years of DMing combined with my experience running my own business show my ability and willingness to provide an ongoing, entertaining experience for my players.  I feel my record speaks for itself as, at the time of writing, I have seven weekly games running that are all completely booked. My Style I like to define my style as structured sandbox.  I have events taking place in the world which I insert players into and see how they change things. I don't believe in creating set solutions to obstacles, rather, I create the obstacles and let players approach them using their skills and abilities. Suspension of disbelief is important to me, so I'm constantly trying to balance a believable world with fun gameplay.  I want my players to feel immersed by the world and their RP, but I also want them to feel challenged by the gameplay aspect.  When designing, I'm constantly balancing these factors against one another to try to create an immersive, challenging experience that players will enjoy in the moment and talk about later. I enjoy working with and around player back stories, incorporating them into my world and giving their actions weight and substance so the player can feel like they’re part of a living, breathing world. Combat is important in my games, but there is also value to skills and RP ability as those can have a huge impact on the story. I generally try to keep the game running smoothly.  If there’s a rule disagreement, I may attempt to look up the answer or I may make a calling and try to keep the story going.  If this happens, I appreciate players who can accept the call and speak to me about it later if it really bothers them. The World Gaian is a world strongly connected to the flows of magic that is constantly undergoing change. The world is plagued by arcane fires that ravage the surface every two-thousand years, completely destroying anything in their wake.  To save themselves, the races of the surface flee into the depths of Gaian, waiting for a time when they can re-emerge and rebuild their fallen empires.  This destruction has created time periods known as cycles in which great civilizations rise and fall.  Perhaps one day a hero will put a stop to these cataclysms, saving Gaian from these devastating cycles of destruction. The world of Gain is a deep, rich setting that's about 20 years old (real time).  As such, it has a lot of history spanning thousands of years with the rise and fall of many civilizations whose ruins can still be found deep underground or in abandon areas of the world.  Players will not only adventure within the world, but their decisions may come to shape society for decades to come. This game will require a payment be made to the Game Master.  The payment amount will be based on the service provided .  Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. If you’re interested in joining the game, the best way to get in contact is to send me an invite on discord (DM Raven#2692).  I can also be reached through messaging on this site, though that method could take me longer to get back to you.
I currently have one open spot in my group of weekly game.  The spot is in my Wednesday evening game (5:30pm - 8:30pm PST)  That said, I always welcome new players to the server and new games start up on occasion.  So even if this time doesn't work for you, feel free to send me a message and I can get you invited.