Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Servers down?

We lost connectivity during our game and it seems like we can't get back in.  Anyone else?
Yep, us to
Literally, every single sync shard just died... Two minutes before our session was supposed to start. :upsidedownsmile:
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Happening to us, too. Game was just starting and then the sad trombones started playing.
Ilya said: Literally, every single sync shard just died... Two minutes before our session was supposed to start. :upsidedownsmile: I suspect Shard 10 is the dev server lol.  
Mmmmm love this.
Servers down? Trying to play D&D with my grandson. Hope the Devs get them up and running ASAP.

Edited 1618614865
Tom
Pro
Sometimes its quick and at other times over an hour, so wait and see Tom
Please, I'm trying to play the devil's game with players from poor background around the world. Roll20 is their salvation, please, get it fixed. Thots and Prayers.
Feed the hamsters, Roll20, they stopped making the server wheel turn. This sort of thing is getting old. Time for the mass exodus to the Foundry.
Just cancelled my game as its been 15 minutes but at least we got a couple hours in, My second game tonight, no clue....... Tom
Irondrake you are an awesome Grand ma/pa for playing dnd with your grandkid! Respect! I'm about to start a session with my daughter so fingers crossed!
Same here. Load-in just died right as our session started.
Same for me during preparation my tomorrow's game in 12 hours...
Archenstone said: Irondrake you are an awesome Grand ma/pa for playing dnd with your grandkid! Respect! I'm about to start a session with my daughter so fingers crossed! Thank you! :) 
Hey there! We are currently investigating problems loading into games, which we are considering an outage. We appreciate your patience as we look into this issue. Our team will update you as soon as is possible. Thanks!
Server down :(
Is there no presence of Roll20 personnel on these forums to provide an ETA when the servers might be back up, or at least tell us if this is a short term or long term prospect?
I was giving my session introduction when it dropped. Kinda frustrating.
And I see that someone did post something while I was typing. Thank you for letting us know at least that you're working on it.
Dan W. said: Is there no presence of Roll20 personnel on these forums to provide an ETA when the servers might be back up, or at least tell us if this is a short term or long term prospect? They haven't got a clue.
What is going on?  my game is every other week and we've not played for a month due to these issues!    we were supposed to start in a half hour.  
Sage0fForest said: Hey there! We are currently investigating problems loading into games, which we are considering an outage. We appreciate your patience as we look into this issue. Our team will update you as soon as is possible. Thanks! Cool, thanks.
Y'all might like this link:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a>
Hey again, everybody. We are continuing to work on this. We are currently&nbsp; investigating issues with our Firebase shards. Games hosted on affected shards are currently unavailable. Please check Firebase's status for updates and we'll keep you posted as we know more! Please look forward to more updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Down for us too 40 min ago
Had to cancel our the rest of our session tonight. Really disappointed.&nbsp;

Edited 1618616770
Just went back up for me, and the server status site linked above shows the sync shards back online. Think they fixed it? YMMV. Assuming you folks did, good job Roll20 team! Though if this is a repeated issue lately, as some have suggested, I'd definitely request you focus on a stability pass for your next big patch. I've been lucky to only have this issue once (recently), but not looking forward to more if this truly is becoming more common. Still, good job on a relatively quick recovery here. Thank you! Also I'd like to officially apologize because I think I might have broken the servers: Mere minutes before they went down I began playing&nbsp;Android Sock Hop by Kevin MacLeod! The sheer silly buffoonery of the song was clearly too much for the servers to take. :P
Lucky dog still out for me so far Tom
Tom said: Lucky dog still out for me so far Tom Hope it's up for you and the rest soon then! Fingers crossed!

Edited 1618619397
TK J.
Roll20 Team
Hi, everyone! We're seeing shards coming up and are waiting for the all-clear from our upstream vendor. We will update you as soon as we have the all-clear! We have received the all clear from Firebase. If you're still experiencing outages, please send us a ticket via our Help Center:&nbsp; <a href="http://roll20.net/help" rel="nofollow">http://roll20.net/help</a> Thank you very much for your patience with this issue! -TK
Thank you for quickly solving the issue! Glad that our game is back on for today.
Still down on our end&nbsp;

Edited 1618621307
Me, as GM, nor my 4 players can open their PC sheets nor any of my NPC sheets. Only the circling purple image. Edit: TK J. &nbsp;said: Hi, everyone!&nbsp; We're seeing shards coming up and are waiting for the all-clear from our upstream vendor. We will update you as soon as we have the all-clear! We have received the all clear from Firebase. If you're still experiencing outages, please send us a ticket via our Help Center:&nbsp; <a href="http://roll20.net/help" rel="nofollow">http://roll20.net/help</a> Thank you very much for your patience with this issue! -TK Ticket was also submitted 15 minutes ago but no acknowledgement that there's still an issue here in the forum or response to the ticket (which is obviously understandable if there's four thousand new tickets all the sudden)

Edited 1618623030
Agnati said: Me, as GM, nor my 4 players can open their PC sheets nor any of my NPC sheets. Only the circling purple image. Edit: TK J. &nbsp;said: Hi, everyone!&nbsp; We're seeing shards coming up and are waiting for the all-clear from our upstream vendor. We will update you as soon as we have the all-clear! We have received the all clear from Firebase. If you're still experiencing outages, please send us a ticket via our Help Center:&nbsp; <a href="http://roll20.net/help" rel="nofollow">http://roll20.net/help</a> Thank you very much for your patience with this issue! -TK Ticket was also submitted 15 minutes ago but no acknowledgement that there's still an issue here in the forum or response to the ticket (which is obviously understandable if there's four thousand new tickets all the sudden) Same issue here. Edit: resolved by clearing cache/browsing data
still down !!
all good
My 6 players and I still are unable to open our game.
Received a reply to my ticket: Your request (#####) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email. Hey everybody, The issue with loading games should be resolved as part of a caching issue. Please attempt to reload into your games, if you continue to experience problems, clear the cache of your browser. Instructions can be found:&nbsp; Chrome &nbsp;and&nbsp; Firefox . Thanks! Problem is STILL not fixed and no acknowledgement on this thread that there's still an issue.... doesn't bode well for communication with paying and non-paid users. Character sheets will not open for 3/5 of my players (myself included). I've had to give the two players (both in California, the other three of us in Georgia) control over all PCs so they can click buttons for character sheets, and one of them control over the monsters.... definitely not an "everything's good now" experience. And to think, my monthly subscription just hit today..... yay.
clear cache.. it helped my player who was having issues.
Clearing the browser cache and reloading the page actually just fixed it for me. Good luck with your game.
Clearing my cache and flushing my DNS both fixed my issue (clearing cache didn't fix it for me) How to&nbsp; Flush &nbsp;and&nbsp; Reset &nbsp;the&nbsp; DNS &nbsp;Cache in&nbsp; Windows 10 Select the “Start” button, then type “cmd“. Right-click “Command Prompt“, then choose “Run as Administrator“. Type ipconfig / flushdns &nbsp;then press “Enter“. ( be sure there is a space before the slash)