Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't drag item from Compendium to Character Sheet

Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I haven't been able to drag a Staff of Power from the Compendium to my character sheet. I tried duplicating the character and a different browser (Chrome and Firefox). I don't have a lot of plugins in Chrome and Firefox I'm running with no plugins. I also put the character in my own gm'd game, just to see if that was the problem, but it isn't. I only run Firefox about twice a year, so the cache shouldn't be an issue. Any other ideas?

Edited 1618683344
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Tintin_discord, Can you drag and drop anything to the sheet?&nbsp; Is the character popped out into it's own window?&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Pop-Out_Button" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Pop-Out_Button</a> &nbsp; If a sheet is popped out it used to prevent drag and drop features from working.&nbsp; I believe the recent CSE update fixed drag and drop from the sheet to the macro bar, but I honestly do not know if it also addressed compendium integration.&nbsp; Just something to check...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Popped out sheets still cannot be dragged to. I just tested and was able to drag the item to a sheet.
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
No, the character sheet isn't popped out. That was a good question though. I actually can't drag and drop anything onto this character. This is using the standard D&amp;D 5e Character sheet in Roll20.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Follow-up question(s); chrome or ff?&nbsp; Any extensions/addons?
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Chrome and Firefox. For Chrome, I do have extensions. For Firefox, I only open Firefox twice a year and have no extensions.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm kind of stumped then. It might require a&nbsp; Help Center Request . Is that the only item you can't drag? Do you have the DMG or is this from the vanilla SRD?
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It's all items and it's the vanilla.
Tintin_discord
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Actually, it just started working now! Must have been a bug in the system yesterday.
I don't know how to fix this bug, It usually fixes on its own out of the blue, my guess is when they patch the OGL sheets it fixes.&nbsp; But, i do however know how to prevent and reduce the frequency of it happening.&nbsp; Make sure only one user is looking at and editing a sheet at a time.&nbsp; This goes for public sheets and DM's.&nbsp; As the Dm, I deliberately tell each player to close their sheet, I go in then and edit it accordingly, when I'm finished I tell them to reopen.&nbsp; Since I started doing this, this bug has pretty much stopped happening to live sessions for me.&nbsp; It still pops up in my character session but I think that is due to dragging items with the lock off on the spells or target area or some other weird interaction with the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp;