Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue staying connected for the past month

Hello, I have been having this issue for the past month or so where I log into a game and i continually get disconnected from the game maybe every 5 minutes or so, so i have to constantly be refreshing the page, sometimes it gets to the point where it no longer can continue refreshing so i have to switch browsers (i switch between Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge about 2-3 times per 3 hour session) I thought i would just wait it out and see if it fixes its self and i've sent a help center requests about 2-3 weeks ago and it hasn't gotten any better and it's been incredibly frustrating for myself, everyone i play with and my DMs, I've tried many different things and nothing seems to work and I'm open to really any suggestions I've tried resetting router, (don't believe it has anything to with internet connection as every other website and video game runs as smoothly as ever) Tried different browsers Installed and uninstalled VTT and others, Deleted old campaigns cleared cache, history cleaned out computer had my DMs try out less heavy maps and remove dynamic lighting and none of that seemed to help, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really out of ideas and I'm really tired of dealing with this. Thanks in advance!
This might be long shot but this sounds like networking issue perhaps with your isp DNS and amazon S3. I would switch your DNS server from your isp to Google dns (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) and run your browser in private. Another thing to try is perhaps a vpn to see if it makes a difference.
Thanks, i'm going to try the DNS sever switch today, then if not will try the VPN, i appreciate it!