|Next Game Will Be||1554159600|
|Total Players Needed||7|
|Game Type||Role Playing Game|
|Frequency||Played Every Other Week|
|Audio / Visual||Text Only|
|New Players are Welcome||Yes|
|Pay to Play i||No|
|Pick Up Game i||No|
The Clone Wars polarize the galaxy, from Coruscant to Genosis. The Separatists' movement to create their own government, separate from the republic, has spiraled out of control into full galactic-scale conflict. Villains rise to prominence, heroes fall in battle, and the galaxy teeters on the edge of total chaos. War has come to the galaxy far, far away, and the actions of your heroes can tip the balance towards the Republic or the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Hey all I go by Sloth and I'm looking to get back into GMing. I've been an avid RPer and TTRPG player for a few years now, but I haven't actually GMd a game in about a year and am looking to get back into it. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and think that the Clone Wars Era would make for an awesome campaign. We'll be playing the Saga Edition System because thats what I've played and the game will be run via live text with discord as a medium to communicate outside of roll20.
I'm looking for 4-6 players who have a healthy respect for one another and the setting that we are playing in. Because this'll be a text based game I hope that applying players have good creative writing skills and at least decent grammar. New Players are welcome but keep in mind I haven't GMd this system before so I may not always be the most knowledgeable, but I'll do my best to accommodate you.
• The game will take place in early April, possibly sooner or possibly later. I don't have an exact starting day because I'm a college student and don't have the time I want to be able to dedicate to sessions and planning at the moment.
• PCs are going to be members of, or at least affiliated with, the Grand Army of the Republic in some capacity as this is a clone wars era campaign. This means Jedi, Clone Troopers, Diplomats, Local Militia, or possibly a hired gun. So long as it makes sense in the context of the setting. If you aren't sure, then ask.
• PCs will be starting off as a newly formed squad on a mission to Taris. If you're planning to play a Jedi, you'll be starting off as a newly promoted Padawan(About age 13 unless you want to talk to me about starting as a higher rank) and this will be your first mission. Clone Troopers will be in a similar situation, although this may not be your very first mission.
• Droid characters are allowed but I'll probably limit the amount of players in the squad that are droids. You can use Scavengers Guide to Droids(Google it) along with the core rule book as reference(s) for how to build your droids along with costs etc.
• Speaking of rulebooks we'll be using the core rulebook along with some extra talents and talent trees to fit the era, which I will outline to you for character creation/progression etc. If you have another rulebook you want to use just talk to me about it and I'll probably say yes so long as you can provide me with a pdf or something as reference.
I think that covers just about everything. If you're interested in applying please read the application template and then post a new topic with your name and then application e.g. Sloth's Application. I'll be picking players until about a month from now on April 1st (4/1/2019) and I'll try to go through the applications and (maybe) pick one at least once a week. If I like your application then I'll DM you about getting your discord and we'll go from there.
We'll send a message to this Game's GM asking their permission to let you join the game. If you want, you can include a brief message below as well: