Trouble is afoot in the City of Splendors!
Welcome to Waterdeep, the most influential city on the Sword Coast. Rumour has it there is a trove of treasure hidden somewhere in the city. But, before you get yourself involved in all that, why don't you join us all for a drink at the Yawning Portal tavern. All the familiar faces are there; Volo, Durnan and Matt...
So what say you traveller? Will you join the party, walk the streets of Waterdeep and uncover her secrets? Sounds like fun to me!
- Weekly sessions every Thursday at 8pm EST
- Sessions last for up to 4 hours
- Payment: $15 per session via Paypal (+5% transaction fee) (your first session is free)
- Campaign: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (The Sword Coast, Forgotten Realms)
- Level Range: 1 - 5
- Group Size: 4-7 Players
- Combat/Roleplay Balance: My games feature a healthy balance between the two key facets of Dungeons and Dragons. Murderhobo diplomacy is discouraged, as is pacifism.
- Bullying, racism, homophobia and talk of politics are not permitted during the game session.
- Method of Communication: Voice Chat via Discord is compulsory to participate in the game.
Other Games Currently on Offer
- Ghosts of Saltmarsh Stream - Monday at 7PM EST on Twitch
- Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Tuesdays at 8pm EST (4 Hour Session, Reduced Price)
- Tomb of Annihilation - Tuesdays at 7pm EST (4 Hour Session, Reduced Price)
- Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage - Tuesdays at 8pm EST (4 Hour Session, Reduced Price)
- Tomb of Annihilation - Wednesdays at 8pm EST (4 Hour Session, Reduced Price)
- Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Wednesdays at 6pm EST
- The Isle of Descendants (Full Custom Module with Art and Music) - Thursdays at 7pm EST
- Storm King's Thunder - Fridays at 7pm EST
- Lost Mines of Phandelver - Fridays at 8pm EST(4 Hour Session, Reduced Price)
- Curse of Strahd - Saturdays at 10am EST (4 Hour Session, Reduced Price)
- Curse of Strahd - Saturdays at 7pm EST
- The Isle of Descendants Stream - Sundays at 5pm EST on Twitch
- Any official sourcebook or online resource are permitted for use. Homebrew content must be cleared by myself personally prior to character creation.
- If you wish to play an evil character in a party constituting non-evil characters, you must come up with a watertight reason for that character cooperating with the party.
- You can use any method to attain your stats. When rolling you must do it where the rest of the group can see it. Rerolls are only permitted if your stats average less than an 11 or you highest stat is below a 14. You only get to reroll once, you may then choose which of the two sets of rolls you wish to use.
- Backstory. Having a backstory is not mandatory, but if you wish to write one I will do my best to incorporate it into the main story.
- Characters must be provided at least three days prior to the game you join, unless special dispensation is granted.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. Payment is due 3 days prior to a game. If you haven't paid 3 days in advance your space will be made available to whomever does pay.
- 2. There are very few instances where a refund will be issued. The first being if you give advanced notice (3 days before a game) that you cannot attend. The second instance is if I cancel a session.
- 3. If your conduct is adjudged to be in anyway detrimental to the experience of the other players or to the quality of my sessions in general, you will be kicked and no refund will be offered.
- 4. Anyone who I adjudge to be threatening my livelihood in anyway will be subject to a ban.
- 5. Bullying and abuse will not be tolerated. Anyone seen to be guilty of this will be banned.
- 6. If you sign up for a session and don't show up, your space will be reserved so long as you continue to pay for it. If you are signed up for a session, haven't paid for it and then don't show up without three days notice, you will be banned.
- 7. Each situation will be reviewed by myself personally, rules will only be relaxed in very specific situations.
- 8. I retain the right to cancel any session at any point, whether it be for personal or financial reasons. This is a situation that I will try my utmost to avoid, but is unavoidable at times. If this happens you are entitled to a refund for any sessions you have paid for that were or will be missed.
Hi there, I'm The Bipolar Dice Roller, perhaps better known as Rob. I have been running games for communities on Roll20 for a number of years now (about 4 to be precise) but just over a year ago I was told my games were too good and reliable for them to be free. I have been running paid games every day ever since and have never looked back. When I'm not running games or preparing for them, I am thinking about what I can bring the world of Dungeons and Dragons. At the moment I am working on my own campaign, which I have dubbed The Isle of Descendants. Any extra cash I earn from the games goes straight back into developing that project. I also like to create my own resources and offer them to the community whenever I have time. I pride myself on creating interesting and personalised storylines for my Players during games and have a slightly unfair advantage when it comes to voice acting, my native British accent!
If you are interested in seeing what I am up to, make sure to check out my Twitch channel. Maybe you can tune in for an episode of The Isle of Descendants! Twitch: Bipolardiceroller
Why pay for a game?
I am often asked what the point is in paying for a game and I know that most people who ask that question have already decided their opinion on doing so. However, for those of you still on the fence, allow me to offer you the benefits of a paid game.
- The Dungeon Master is financially obligated to show up and give their best.
- The Players are financially obligated to show up and not let their money go to waste.
- Exclusivity. The competition for spaces in free games is astronomically high, there are too many players and not enough games.
- Taking payment allows me to work on my games full time, this ensures all the required preparation is done and constant contact is possible.
- Material costs are covered by your payment. Buying resources to use in games is covered by the DM and access to all of Roll20's content is available to you via Compendium Sharing.
- Pro features are available. API scripts, visual effects and standard resources are all covered by the DM's subscription.
Please provide me with the following information, either in the game discussion below or via a personal message.
What You Are Looking For:
Your Discord ID and Number:
Your Character's Name:
Your Character's Class:
Your Character's Race:
A Little Info About Your Character:
Want to join this game? Make a post in the discussion forum below and let the GM know!