Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet creating random entries of items, features, and proficiencies whenever I try and edit one.

Hello! I am somewhat new to Roll20 and have been experiencing a recently annoying issue regarding some of my Character Sheets. Whenever I go ahead and try to edit a Feature, or maybe an Item in my Pack the character sheet ignores my edits and instead creates several blank templates, noticeably a good few of them are linked to one another and all delete each other whenever I delete just one, however some are just flat out unremovable! Could anybody explain to my why this is and how I might be able to fix it? I'd rather not recreate several character sheets but I suppose if it comes down to that I eventually will. :( I'm not sure if I include a Gif within this post if it will work so just in case I'll include a streamable&nbsp; link:&nbsp; <a href="https://streamable.com/0p1ukx" rel="nofollow">https://streamable.com/0p1ukx</a> &nbsp; &nbsp;
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi FandrewD,&nbsp; I have some questions which may help track down the issue.&nbsp; Is this in Roll20 Characters or inside a game?&nbsp; If inside a game, is your character in the game or popped out?&nbsp; Which browser are you using?&nbsp; Have you tried using an Incognito (Chrome) or Private (Firefox) tab?&nbsp; Are you running any extensions on your browser that might be interfering?&nbsp;
It's sort of several copies of the same character both in and out of several games, however they're all experiencing the same issue to my knowledge. I'm using Chrome, although I haven't tried messing around with Incognito or extensions quite yet. After the problem still occurs although this reminded me that sometimes instead of making blank templates it creates several copies of what I put down every time I edit something in my inventory.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you please try Firefox and see if the issue exists there?&nbsp; Also, I didn't catch if your character(s) are popped out of the game or not. Popped out means they are not in the game itself but they are in their own browser window.&nbsp;
Yeah, Firefox seems to have the same issue (As well as Microsoft Edge but I believe that also uses some form of Chromium; not sure if that matters) Also this occurs in the browser window, specifically in the Roll20 character compendium this is what I see basically:

Edited 1714500110
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ahhh, so this is not in a game? This is in Roll20 Characters? (Your screenshot above is showing the feature called Roll20 Characters) Can you confirm if this is happening within a game?&nbsp;

Edited 1714500869
I tried testing it in a game and it seems to work fine there, just not on the Roll20 characters page. I suppose this will do if there's no other options.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, now that we know that this is a Roll20 Characters issue I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center .&nbsp; Please inform them that this is a Roll20 Characters issue and that the character works correctly in the game.&nbsp; They may be able to track down better why it is happening.&nbsp;
Alright! Thank you!
This should be fixed now. Please give it a try and let me know if you have anymore problems. Sorry about that.