Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tracking Resources Using a List Macro - Battlemaster Maneuvers

Hello, I am new to roll20 but have been able to find enough information from other topics to create a macro to roll my Battlemaster Maneuvers and supply their descriptions in the chat. Is it possible to have this automatically expend a resource in the character sheet? Thanks in advance. ?{Combat Maneuver| None,  | Ambush, **Ambush** [[1d8]] Stealth OR Initiative When you make a Dexterity (Stealth) check or an initiative roll&#44 you can expend one superiority die and add the die to the roll&#44 provided you aren't incapacitated. | Bait and Switch, **Bait and Switch** [[1d8]] AC bonus When you're within 5 feet of a creature on your turn&#44 you can expend one superiority die and switch places with that creature&#44 provided you spend at least 5 feet of movement and the creature is willing and isn't incapacitated. This movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks. Roll the superiority die. Until the start of your next turn&#44 you or the other creature (your choice) gains a bonus to AC equal to the number rolled. | Distracting Strike, **Distracting Strike** [[1d8]] damage When you hit a creature with a weapon attack&#44 you can expend one superiority die to distract the creature&#44 giving your allies an opening. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll. The next attack roll against the target by an attacker other than you has advantage if the attack is made before the start of your next turn. | Goading Attack, **Goading Attack** [[1d8]] damage Save DC [[8+@{Barda Brymora|pb}+@{Barda Brymora|strength_mod}]] Wis When you hit a creature with a weapon attack&#44 you can expend one superiority die to attempt to goad the target into attacking you. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll&#44 and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save&#44 the target has disadvantage on all attack rolls against targets other than you until the end of your next turn. | Precision Attack, **Precision Attack** [[1d8]] attack bonus When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature&#44 you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the attack roll&#44 but before any effects of the attack are applied. | Riposte, **Riposte** [[1d8]] damage When a creature misses you with a melee attack&#44 you can use your reaction and expend one superiority die to make a melee weapon attack against the creature. If you hit&#44 you add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll. | Ambush d6, **Ambush d6** [[1d6]] Stealth OR Initiative When you make a Dexterity (Stealth) check or an initiative roll&#44 you can expend one superiority die and add the die to the roll&#44 provided you aren't incapacitated. | Bait and Switch d6, **Bait and Switch d6** [[1d6]] AC bonus When you're within 5 feet of a creature on your turn&#44 you can expend one superiority die and switch places with that creature&#44 provided you spend at least 5 feet of movement and the creature is willing and isn't incapacitated. This movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks. Roll the superiority die. Until the start of your next turn&#44 you or the other creature (your choice) gains a bonus to AC equal to the number rolled. | Distracting Strike d6, **Distracting Strike d6** [[1d6]] damage When you hit a creature with a weapon attack&#44 you can expend one superiority die to distract the creature&#44 giving your allies an opening. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll. The next attack roll against the target by an attacker other than you has advantage if the attack is made before the start of your next turn. | Goading Attack d6, **Goading Attack d6** [[1d6]] damage Save DC [[8+@{Barda Brymora|pb}+@{Barda Brymora|strength_mod}]] Wis When you hit a creature with a weapon attack&#44 you can expend one superiority die to attempt to goad the target into attacking you. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll&#44 and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save&#44 the target has disadvantage on all attack rolls against targets other than you until the end of your next turn. | Precision Attack d6, **Precision Attack d6** [[1d6]] attack bonus When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature&#44 you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the attack roll&#44 but before any effects of the attack are applied. | Riposte d6, **Riposte d6** [[1d6]] damage When a creature misses you with a melee attack&#44 you can use your reaction and expend one superiority die to make a melee weapon attack against the creature. If you hit&#44 you add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll. }
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Noah,  If the game owner has a Pro account they can use a Mod (API Script) to reduce the amount of resource (ammo).  Which character sheet are you using? If you don't know the name please supply a screenshot of the sheet. 
Hi Gauss, I am not sure which it is. Here is a screenshot. Thanks!
Gauss
Forum Champion
That is the "D&D 5e by Roll20" character sheet.  If the Game Owner has a pro account they can install the Mod (API Script) called "5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion". It has spell and ammo tracker functions.  If that happens let me know and I can walk you through how to best use it with your macro. 
Thank you! I will return if that happens.
Hi Gauss, we are indeed using the  5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, where are you putting the above query? 
I have them in the Attributes & Abilities tab.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, so here is what you will do:  Please create an attack (on the Character Sheet's core page).  Name it Combat Maneuver.  Click the attack.  Next, click the chat box (where you type in the chat tab) hit your up arrow copy the text, then paste it here.  I will work on it from there. 
Thank you! @{Barda Brymora|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+7}} {{rname=Combat Maneuver}} {{r1=[[@{Barda Brymora|d20}cs>20 + 4[STR] + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Barda Brymora|rtype}cs>20 + 4[STR] + 3[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[0 + 4[STR]]]}} {{dmg1type=}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[0[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}}   {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Barda Brymora|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{Barda Brymora|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{Barda Brymora|charname_output}
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have a question, are you married to it being a query or would a Chat Menu be acceptable? Also, why are some of your superiority dice d8s and others are d6?  Finally, what is the ammunition resource for your Combat Maneuver's called? (Ie what did you name it?)
I don't actually know what a Chat Menu would look like. I am very new to Roll20 and found the skeleton for my query in another Topic thread. So, I suppose if there's a better way to do it, I'm open to seeing it. I have the Battle Master Subclass, the Martial Adept Feat, and the Superior Technique Fighting Style. Some allow for d8 superiority dice, some for d6. For the d8s, "Superiority Dice", for the d6s, "Superiority Dice d6"
Gauss
Forum Champion
This is what a Chat Menu can look like. It can be whispered to the user so that it doesn't spam the chat.  Instead of doing queries you press buttons.  The advantage is that it is much simpler to set up and operate than queries. 
If it will still roll the die and send the maneuver's information/save dc to the chat, then that would be great. Thank you for all your help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
More information on  Chat Menu s. :)
Gauss
Forum Champion
I am nearly done with making this (sorry about the delay, real life interceded).  Could you provide a screenshot of your character sheet? Specifically the Resources section. 
Gauss, no problem at all! And here is the resource section of my sheet. These resources were all created automatically by the Features & Traits that give them. Keithcurtis, thank you for the resource! I did end up reading through it, and I think I have a little better understanding of how the Chat Menu is going to work.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Noah, I PM'd you an invite to my test game, that is probably the best way to get this to you (it would take a lot of space in a message).