Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scriptcards and perception

I have been searching for the past 2 days on how to get a character's passive perception to use for a check, but nothing seems to work.  I have a decent script to perform a roll20 against a target of 10, which then sends a message to the player, but nothing I do seems to be able to get the characters perception bonus? What am I missing? !scriptcard {{   --#emoteState|Hidden   --#title|Rolling Perception      --~PageTokens|array;pagetokens;Characters;@{selected|token_id};char   --~CurrentCharacter|array;getfirst;Characters      --:PerceptionLoop|      --#sourceToken|[&CurrentCharacter]      --&CharName|[*S:character_name]   --=CharPerception|1d20 + @{selected|Perception_bonus}   --?[$CharPerception.Raw] -lt 10|[        --+|[&CharName] sees nothing unusual. [$CharPerception] --eScriptCards|/w gm **Whispered to [&CharName]: You see nothing unusual.   --]|[     --+|[b][&CharName] finds something. [$CharPerception] [/b]  --eScriptCards|/w gm **Whispered to [&CharName]: You find something.        --]|      --~|turnorder;replacetoken;[&CurrentCharacter];[$CharInitiative]      --~CurrentCharacter|array;getnext;Characters      --?[&CurrentCharacter] -eq ArrayError|PerceptionDone|PerceptionLoop      --:PerceptionDone|      --~|turnorder;sort }}
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I suggest you ask in the specific ScriptCards thread. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11819702/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11819702/</a> You should also say what game system and character sheet you are using.

Edited 1714844438
I would also strongly recommend the Scriptcard Discord server - really, really helpful.&nbsp; Linked in the thread mentioned above IIRC

Edited 1714910087
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
You might find this macro useful as a starting point for a passive perception macro. Particularly, Option 2.
Thanks everyone this is helpful.