Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script,Snippet] Blind Checks for the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20

Edited 1618418803
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Create a macro (token action) called "BlindChecks" with the action "!BlindChecks." Give all your players access to it. With a single token selected, player clicks the macro. Link to the Code Player sees the following in the chat. GM sees the following in the chat. GM should use the left dice result for non-"advantage/disadvantage" situations. Or pick the appropriate dice result for "advantage/disadvantage" situations. Rogue:  I look into the room to see if it seems safe. GM:  Blind roll please. Rogue:  [blind rolls] GM:  Seems perfectly safe to you. Rogue:  I step to the side and say to the rest of the party "After  you ."
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Nice. =D

Edited 1618427626
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
What's this?  Gauss and then Stephen  both post to the forums within the last week...  Must be a shift in the time space continuum.  A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. This script fills an often requested feature.  I might try and hack modify this to work with PF...
Very nice, my players will like this. They asked me to do GM rolls of their skills for certain rolls that they don't want the know the result. Like navigating through a forest and getting lost because they roll low on their survival roll. This will still let them roll their fate but not know the results :) 
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
∇ince said: What's this?  Gauss and then Stephen  both post to the forums within the last week...  Must be a shift in the time space continuum.  A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. This script fills an often requested feature.  I might try and hack modify this to work with PF... Aaron berated me into cacheing some values to speed it up and to help with efficiency (he even wrote a code sample leaving me without excuses.) Also making it so you can use it blind or in the open. Update likely tonight.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Aaron.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
∇ince said: Thanks Aaron. :/
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
// OPen and Blind Checks for the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 // Create a token action macro called "OpenChecks" with the action "!OpenChecks" // Create a token action macro called "BlindChecks" with the action "!BlindChecks" // Give all your players access to both. Updated Script
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
:-)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Updated the script.... blind rolls have DMG look... open rolls have PHB look
Would it be possible to adapt it for pathfinder ?
I love this script!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Renar said: Would it be possible to adapt it for pathfinder ? Yes. I think Vince is thinking about doing that.
Excellent work, Stephen. Honestly, this is one of those things I didn't realize I needed as a DM until you pointed out that I needed it as a DM. :) Thank you!

Edited 1669934551
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Modified Stephen's awesome script so that it can be used with the Pathfinder Community Sheet . <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/79072ee7bd7e32c243556dea254f62e6" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/79072ee7bd7e32c243556dea254f62e6</a> // Create a token action macro called "OpenChecks" with the action "!OpenChecks" // Create a token action macro called "BlindChecks" with the action "!BlindChecks" // Give all your players access to both.

Edited 1622053850
Hey&nbsp; I love this but i can't get the the part where the player gets the wisper that the roll has been sendt to work. it works finde if i do but not if they do it&nbsp; i play with the roll20 sheet

Edited 1672170239
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mikkel said: Hey&nbsp; I love this but i can't get the the part where the player gets the wisper that the roll has been sendt to work. it works finde if i do but not if they do it&nbsp; i play with the roll20 sheet I was able to get it to work by removing the double quotes around ${values.who} from this line; sendChat ( 'API&nbsp;-&nbsp;QuantumRoll' , &nbsp; `/w&nbsp;" ${ values . who } "&nbsp;Secret&nbsp;roll&nbsp;sent&nbsp;to&nbsp;GM.&nbsp;I'm&nbsp;sure&nbsp;its&nbsp;fine.` ); new line; sendChat ( 'API&nbsp;-&nbsp;QuantumRoll' , &nbsp; `/w&nbsp; ${ values . who } &nbsp;Secret&nbsp;roll&nbsp;sent&nbsp;to&nbsp;GM.&nbsp;I'm&nbsp;sure&nbsp;its&nbsp;fine.` ); &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; edit/update as of 12/27/22' &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; FYI: The Aaron made an edit to the 5e OGL mod in this thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10997836/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10997836/</a> I've also updated the Pathfinder Community Sheet version here( BlindChecksPFCommunity.js ) and added a version that "should" work with the Pathfinder Official ( BlindChecksPFOfficial.js )