Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Redoing token is a pain...

I'm new to roll20 so maybe I just didnt understand something... I used to be a tabletop RPG DM for years so maybe it's bad habits... I tend to make many maps... like one for each encounter. I drag the character onto the new map I need to make the token, then assign a name to each token... even thought I dragged it form the character sheet. Then add HP in red, AC in Green, Psi point/mana in blue... Is there a way to drag the "character" and have it all preset?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You need to set the configured token as the default token for the character after you have configured it. Setting the default token takes a snapshot of the token at the time you assign it. Further changes to a token are not persisted to the Character unless you set default token with the changed token again. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
how to update/save the default token: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/link_Token" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/link_Token</a>
As a GM used to tabletop playing I understand you want a quick and easy answer of How to... as you figure out Roll20. The fast and simple answer is to do the following. All characters should have a character sheet, even if they don't fill it in. However, in time you will find it helpful if they start filling it in. Drag the token for a character to the map. Set up the settings the way you want the token to work. Open the character sheet and select Edit. Select the token click the Use Selected Token button. The token will replace the button. Save changes. On your new map just grab the character's name and drag it to the map. The token will appear. If any of the settings were initially linked to the character sheet all that will be included with the token. This is just a Quick &amp; Dirty How To. The link posted by Andreas J. will give you more information.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And just to chime in, here's a video: Roll20TnT Linking Tokens and Journals
The linking of the token after a change is probably the most forgotten thing in roll20's history and even a longtime veteran will occasionally make this mistake.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1618882951
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Once you have a token set on a map, right click copy (or control-c) and then paste, right click paste (or control-v).&nbsp; Easy.&nbsp; On any map