Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unable to block a user that is harassing me, please fix this bug as soon as possible

I've reproduced this bug using my main account and my test account. Here's how to reproduce it: --- "A" means "account A". "B" means "account B". --- 1) A creates a new private message thread with B. 2) A blocks B. 3) B replies to the aforementioned private message thread, several times. 4) A receives a roll20 notification for every single message that B sent into that thread. --- Now, obviously, it's extremely annoying to block someone, only to find out that this person can still harass me. Please fix this bug as soon as you guys can? 
Hi Ronnie, Thanks for catching this! I have made sure the development team is aware of this so we can get it resolved ASAP. I will go ahead and close this thread. If you have an active harassment situation going on or one in the past that has not yet been reported, please PM me here with relevant info so we can take a closer look.