Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn Tracker Highlight tokens, can you turn that off?

Question, is there a way to turn off the highlight (yellow box) that is shown around token when they are hovered over in the turn tracker?  I really like using a transparent token (or other rollable table token ideas) to hide creatures and others, but if the token is in the turn order the player can just hover over it to see where the "invisible" token is. I know the "put it on the GM layer" method, but I was wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Edited 1619125285
As far as I am aware this isn't an option if the token is on the table and not in the GM layer.  How about using the "Create Custom Item" bit of the turn tracker and calling it something vague like "Something" and manually assigning a value to it?  That way it appears in the initiative tracker but doesn't represent anything on the field of battle.  Get into the habit of doing it even when it isn't needed and the players will never know if it is a thing or not (as it could be a distant enemy closing in blah blah) Whilst it isn't allocated to that token it doesn't matter, you know what token it is for and if you wanted, once the token is revealed you can always roll initiative for it and then amend the value to match, then delete the other entry?
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I put the tokens for monsters that are in the Turn Tracker in a Fog of War border off the map. That way I don't accidentally delete the token and none of the monster tokens on the map get highlighted by the Turn Tracker mouseover. Easy!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Andrew R. said: That way I don't accidentally delete the token I wish I had a nickle for every time i've deleted that key mook...
My group has the uncanny ability to always kill the initiative rolled npc of each group first.  I've switched to just X'ing and dragging it off and not deleting it though.