Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DDL, Darkness Spell and the DL Darkness script

So I am trying to use the DL Darkness script from the library (see below).  But when it draws the lines on the DL layer, the inside it just not working at all. It draws this on the DL layer, but when I place a token in the middle and use CTRL L to see what it sees, the interior of the circle is completely visible.   If I draw one myself (though not as good as the one above) it works fine.  Is this script broken (I had though it was working before)?  Is there a better way to do a darkness spell?
Oddly, when I trace over the lines manually, they start to work.

Edited 1619280715
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Linking to my response in the DLDarkness forum thread. But the relevant parts are copied below: "...something must have changed with how UDL is working for complex paths (where the drawing "pen" is lifted and another line is drawn). Circle+grid from this script is a single path comprised of a continuous "circle" (approximated by many line segments), followed by a series of vert/horiz lines that are "disconnected" from the circle (i.e. the pen is lifted before drawing each line). My guess is that UDL is now only checking against the first  continuous  drawing (the "circle"), and ignoring the rest."
Ah I didn't know there was a dedicated thread for this.  Thanks!  Too bad it is not working because this is a great script. David M. said: Linking to my response in the DLDarkness forum thread. But the relevant parts are copied below: "...something must have changed with how UDL is working for complex paths (where the drawing "pen" is lifted and another line is drawn). Circle+grid from this script is a single path comprised of a continuous "circle" (approximated by many line segments), followed by a series of vert/horiz lines that are "disconnected" from the circle (i.e. the pen is lifted before drawing each line). My guess is that UDL is now only checking against the first  continuous  drawing (the "circle"), and ignoring the rest."
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I never noticed the change in behavior for UDL because I'm still an LDL holdout :) Hope it gets fixed soon, though