Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Don't increase the price..

Edited 1619810581
Styx
Pro
This is an awful idea, with new VTTs coming out, being out of touch with the communities wants (dark mode thread intensifies) and broken dynamic lighting you tried to force people to use. Don't increase the price until you show you're actually capable of making the needed changes <a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/roll20-pricing-increase-announcement/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/roll20-pricing-increase-announcement/</a>
I mean I kind of have to agree with this post, and I wish I was a programmer or something that could be more useful in the suggestions but when you look at other services like DND Beyonds character sheets and a lot of the buggy programming such as the updated dynamic lighting that didn't work. I don't want to see roll20 die out to another VTT A) because I've invested a shit ton into your site with books, and B)I really do love the website. I don't mind the increase in price if it means you are going to hire better programmers to make the site better. I shouldn't have to get an extension for DND Beyond to have nice character sheets =/. I guess this is kind of a "Hey, can you guys get with the program or get left behind."
I agree with Styx. Players are constantly reporting problems, the dynamic lighting is full of bugs, etc. Personally, if you do increase the price the pressure I will put on your platform will increase because for me if you increase the prices you rise the quality and that has to be shown on the platform. And I'm sure that the programmers are doing the best they can, but the VTT programs fight right now is brutal with a lot of people in the world changing real life tables for online ones so...I think if you don't want to be left behind you should start making real good changes, and if for doing so you need to increase the prices is ok but remember that people will require a better (for them not for you) product then.
Cannot agree. Roll20 is doing an incredibly slow introduction of a price increase and it will providing an effective discount to existing users for over a year. Inflation is a thing, and a keeping a price static means that you are losing real revenue.
This post has nothing to do with the people already paying them dr dm. Not is it saying anything about the system in place it’s saying that raising prices while roll20 is slacking on the side of fixing buggy problems and improvements is a bad look and can encourage players to go to different vtts.
Dallas gets it
So your position really is that they should lower the effective price?
Hi folks, If you have questions about your current or future subscription you’re welcome to post them in the forum announcement here or send in a Help Center request . We truly believe we have added value to the Roll20 subscription since it was introduced in 2012, and we have committed to this strategy as part of our continued growth. As it stands we will be closing this thread.