Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon not fitting the dynamic lighting

I bought DotMM and set up the game with Dynamic lighting. I made a test account so I could walk around the dungeon and see what it would look like from the players view. But the light dosent fit the walls of the dungeon. Light penetrates one side and the character can walk into the wall. On the other side the darkness starts before the wall and the token cant walk into that darkness. As if it was a wall. How do I fix this? Thank you.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you post a screen shot?  It's hard to picture what you're describing, which makes it hard to diagnose the issue. 
<a href="https://gyazo.com/cfc57c9e85e017c625365e5959268c1e" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/cfc57c9e85e017c625365e5959268c1e</a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;-----Link to screenshot. The darkness on the right side is where the character should be able to move into and he should be able to see a door. But cant.
This is only on the player account. Not in the GM account (my own)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Wow! &nbsp;That is very peculiar. If you force refresh the player, does it correct the issue? &nbsp;Also, what browser are you using for the player? &nbsp;If it's chrome, try Firefox, if it's Firefox, try Chrome, if it's neither, it's unsupported so try one of the other two. Let me know if that clears things up, otherwise we might need to get the devs involved.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Also, are you using g UDL or LDL?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like either the map got shifted a square to the left, or the DL lines got shifted a square to the right. You'll need to examine the setup to see which is easier to correct.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Maybe post a screen shot of the DL lines in that area from the GM's point of view (while you're on the DL Layer).
Im new, so im not sure what a Force Refresh is. Please explain. Im using UDL (Updated Dynamic Lighting?) and Chrome. I tried downloading Firefox and it looks back to normal with that browser, however Firefox is ALOT slower than Chrome. It takes an age to load a page.
<a href="https://gyazo.com/ae7076aeee1a4eccf68cb96871b1f33e" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/ae7076aeee1a4eccf68cb96871b1f33e</a> &nbsp;This is the DL screenshot.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
On Windows in Chrome, you hold the control key and click the reload button.&nbsp; That will cause it to dump any cached data and re-download it from the source.&nbsp; If there was something corrupt in what had been pulled down before, that should fix it. If you can upload a screenshot as the GM where we can see the DL lines on the DL Layer like this, that would be super helpful in knowing if it's just a map shift error, or something else:
keithcurtis said: It looks like either the map got shifted a square to the left, or the DL lines got shifted a square to the right. You'll need to examine the setup to see which is easier to correct. I checked all the map lines in the map layer and they all look like they are where they are supposed to be. Nothing visible to correct. But when I log in with my test account/character it is "shifted" I also tried to create a new character and it also have the problems.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Thanks for the screenshot.&nbsp; That's definitely not how it should be.
The Ctrl-Reload fixed it. Thank you very much.&nbsp; Thats a shortcut I will remember. :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem, glad you got it working!