Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Page Cell Width

Is there a way through the API to change a pages cell width?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Those are accessible to the APi.  snapping_increment is the 0.1 you have there.  The 7 gets calculated back into snapping_increment, so that's what you need to set.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you asking if it can be done? Yes. The attribute appears to be called snapping_increment. Is there a ready-made script that changes this? Not to my knowledge but it shouldn't be hard to make. I don't see a Pro badge next to your name. Do you have a pro account, or are you the GM of a game created by a Pro user?

Edited 1620145041
I am a GM in a game that has a pro account.  I have been adding and learning a lot of scripts, but have not tried my hand at writing one yet. What I really want is a script that would let me change the snapping_increment to .1 so that I can select a door on the DL layer and nudge it to the side for when players peek in the door before opening it, then change it back once the "door" has been moved.

Edited 1620150441
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You could select the door, hold alt, and use the Arrow keys to move it by pixels at a time.  That would let you shift it enough they could peek in, then shift it back.  I was harassing Scott about adding a peek option to DoorKnocker the other day, hmm... ♪(´ε` )
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hah, So many projects!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also, I'll note that you don't actually need to adjust the page width to accomplish your end goal. Just hold the alt key while moving the path with the arrow keys.
Ok, I didn't know that.  That will solve my problem w/o an API.  Thanks all (and I will check out door knocker for sure!) Scott C. said: Also, I'll note that you don't actually need to adjust the page width to accomplish your end goal. Just hold the alt key while moving the path with the arrow keys.
Ok so I decided to try the ALT left arrow bit and every time I do the page just reloads.  Not the whole roll20 page, but the map reloads when I do ALT Left Arrow or ALT Right Arrow
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.. I'm not able to duplicate that issue.  Are you sure you have the path selected?  What Browser and OS are you using?
The Aaron said: Hmm.. I'm not able to duplicate that issue.  Are you sure you have the path selected?  What Browser and OS are you using? Ok so what I am seeing is when I press ALT Left Arrow the page is actually going to the previous webpage, in all 3 browsers I have tried (Firefox, Chrome and Brave).  Right arrow seems to be go forward one page, but since there are no pages to go forward to it works fine.  If I land on the editor page directly then it works fine as there are no pages to go back to. Huh, interesting.  Guess that answers my question :)  Thanks for the help.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Huh, interesting. With tokens it works fine, but with paths it doesn't override the browser's back and forward shortcuts. Seems like an odd bug.