Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG -] 18+, Somewhat experienced player, seeking D&D 5E Game

Edited 1620805730
Hello everyone once again! I am seeking a second group to fill my week out a bit. I have been wanting to play D&D a bit more as of late, (Call it an itch) and after about a month with my first group (Which is going well!) I am ready to take on a second group. I am not available on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I am very friendly, LGBTQ+ Friendly, and honestly am looking to make new friends! Which is the reason I got into D&D. I live in Las Vegas, NV so I am in the West Coast of the US. And I am looking for a group based in the US and who speak English . (I sadly don't speak any other languages =() I can do East Coast games, so long as I am told about the time ahead of time. I am also looking for a Semi RP heavy campaign. I mean I still wanna kill things, but role playing is what makes the game fun! I am good with VC, and Discord, and would prefer a VC based game. Though be warned. My internet is ugh, and my mic is a little finicky.. but I make up for it with my friendliness. Though I am a little shy at first, Once I come out of my shell. I will always be open to talking. I am also looking for a free game. I don't have the money atm to really be paying anyone. And yes, I swear like a sailor! Backstory time! So a little bit of a backstory. I've lived in Las Vegas for 29 years. (My whole life) and took up D&D 5E (And Pathfinder) in 2016. Which is when I fell in love with the game. As a child I was very imaginative, and that has carried on in my life even now. When I make a character, I go deep into the backstory. I try to avoid Cringy or edgelordy type characters, cause in my experience with the game, it rubs people the wrong way. I've played in 5 Campaigns (4 being 5E, 1 being Pathfinder. 1 being a current game.) and honestly since I started I've been hooked. Sadly most of those games fell apart. I still keep in touch with those people, but sadly time does make people drift apart. The past 4 years now I've been dming, and while I am still figuring things out. I enjoy it. I enjoy creating stories, and characters. I've dmed maybe 4 campaigns? All of which have ended for multiple reasons and now, I honestly just wanna play. I don't have much going on in my life at this moment, and honestly just wanna have fun. Over my time as a player, I've played a (5E) Druid, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer. (Pathfinder) Fighter, Rogue, Paladin. I am always looking to try new things and make characters, and if something doesn't work, always willing to change or even take advice. As a Player myself? I can be a little awkward at first. But when I get into it, I go head first. I am looking to try something new, and I honestly feel I can fit in with time. SO! With all that being said. My PMs are always open, and I am always open to speaking to people. If you do PM me or comment, I will get back to you as soon as I can. (Writing this, it's 3:44 AM for me lol) and Look forward to seeing where this all goes! Info for those who don't wish to read a wall of Text!: Timezone: West Coast US (PST) Available Days: Open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Player only speaks English. Their first Language. Contact: Either PM me here or you can reach me on Discord. (Name below) Discord: Aerith Fireslider#3941 LGBTQ+ Friendly Player is 21+ Player is Male, enjoys playing Different characters whether male or female. Looking for Longterm play! I wanna get beyond level 5! xD Preferences: 21+ No class or race restrictions. Forgotten Realms prefered, but open to Homebrew so long as I am told the setting first. Prefer a Fantasy theme (Am open to Horror!) Mature themes are okay! Semi RP Heavy (60 RP/ 40 Combat still wanna kill things!) Must be Free to play. Character Freedom (At least a little!) English games only. I can't learn another Language in a short amount of time. Backstory Freedom (At least a little! Always willing to take advice!) Not really looking for a game with Custom races or classes. but am open to Homebrew worlds! Long Term is very nice. So many of my previous groups have fallen. Both as a Dm and a Player. Must be fun. Can be serious at times, but am looking for a fun time. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What I am NOT looking for: Games that take place on Earth (Our world), In futuristic Settings, Steam Punk Settings, Space settings, and other settings that aren't Fantasy. I am looking for D&D. If I wanted to play a more futuristic game, I'd play Star Wars, or Shadowrun. I love hearing about peoples world, but please keep it in Forgotten Realms or a Fantasy Setting. Strict Race and Class Restrictions. Class or Race alterations (Unless minor.) Non-English games. I don't speak other languages. Sorry =/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Races and classes I'd be interested in Playing: Cassandra Sulkan, Human Oath of Vengeance Paladin Vrinia Fireslider, Half elf Assassin Rogue/Gloomstalker Ranger Ahim De Moonfame, Firbolg, Circle of the Moon Druid. Til then my friends! Stay gold, and Be air my friends. Be free.
omg reading through your post was like almost reading through my own xD  I'm looking for the exact same thing. But anyways, happy hunting and hope you find a group you can have lots of fun in!
BubblyTea said: omg reading through your post was like almost reading through my own xD  I'm looking for the exact same thing. But anyways, happy hunting and hope you find a group you can have lots of fun in! Hehe! Let's just say I had some inspiration! Same to you!
Update: I am still looking for a second group. As stated above, I can do any day but Wednesday. (And possibly Tuesday, but that's not official yet.)
Hello Vrinia, I am Liberty Blair Charissage. A referee for a tabletop group in Lethbridge, Canada and I am interested in your post. I would like to interview you if possible to see if you are right for the group. However, there are a few things which may be issues for you.  First thing is we go by Mountain Standard Time, I checked and it seems PST is an hour early for MST. we play on Fridays, so for your time the game will be on Friday at 6:00 pm (PST). It will be 7:00 pm (MST). Are you alright with that time?  Second is that we don't exactly play Dungeons and Dragons, but Old-School Essentials which is a retro-clone or remix of Basic/Expert Dungeons and Dragons, the kind that was played in the 70's and 80's. I would say that it is like a mirror-world version of the 5E Dungeons and Dragons you're used to.  However, there is a SRD for Old-School Essentials and you don't need to buy anything to be in the tabletop game. The third question is that we play on Skype, I don't know if you have Skype or want to get for this, however Skype is free as well. If none of these things are barriers for you, would you like to set up an interview sometime on this site to for both of us to ask questions?
liberty c. said: Hello Vrinia, I am Liberty Blair Charissage. A referee for a tabletop group in Lethbridge, Canada and I am interested in your post. I would like to interview you if possible to see if you are right for the group. However, there are a few things which may be issues for you.  First thing is we go by Mountain Standard Time, I checked and it seems PST is an hour early for MST. we play on Fridays, so for your time the game will be on Friday at 6:00 pm (PST). It will be 7:00 pm (MST). Are you alright with that time?  Second is that we don't exactly play Dungeons and Dragons, but Old-School Essentials which is a retro-clone or remix of Basic/Expert Dungeons and Dragons, the kind that was played in the 70's and 80's. I would say that it is like a mirror-world version of the 5E Dungeons and Dragons you're used to.  However, there is a SRD for Old-School Essentials and you don't need to buy anything to be in the tabletop game. The third question is that we play on Skype, I don't know if you have Skype or want to get for this, however Skype is free as well. If none of these things are barriers for you, would you like to set up an interview sometime on this site to for both of us to ask questions? Oh my. Okay where to start. 1. I haven't used Skype in years. 2. I'd like to know more about this Old-School Essentials. 3. Fridays are open for me, but I'd like to know more about this before I decide anything (Considering I just took a Saturday, and Sunday groups.
Update 2: Day's have changed. I am now open Monday, Thursday, and Friday. (Just took up two game offers) I likely will post another update later if things change.
Update 3: Days have changed once again. Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all free. I will know possibly this week if Tuesday is open.
Hello Vrinia, Sorry to not reply sooner. I didn't get a notification and should have checked my settings on this account. I work best when I am talking to someone about this stuff. Would it be alright if I invite you to a meet and greet session on this site on Friday the 7 at 6:00 pm (PST) that would be 7:00 pm (MST) for my time zone to discuss various questions. We could also see and try out skype works with you. Also it seems you have a lot on your tabletop RPG plate, so I'll understand if you have enough commitments.&nbsp; Here is the SRD for OSE if you want to take a look at it:&nbsp;<a href="https://oldschoolessentials.necroticgnome.com/srd/index.php/Main_Page" rel="nofollow">https://oldschoolessentials.necroticgnome.com/srd/index.php/Main_Page</a>
liberty c. said: Hello Vrinia, Sorry to not reply sooner. I didn't get a notification and should have checked my settings on this account. I work best when I am talking to someone about this stuff. Would it be alright if I invite you to a meet and greet session on this site on Friday the 7 at 6:00 pm (PST) that would be 7:00 pm (MST) for my time zone to discuss various questions. We could also see and try out skype works with you. Also it seems you have a lot on your tabletop RPG plate, so I'll understand if you have enough commitments.&nbsp; Here is the SRD for OSE if you want to take a look at it:&nbsp; <a href="https://oldschoolessentials.necroticgnome.com/srd/index.php/Main_Page" rel="nofollow">https://oldschoolessentials.necroticgnome.com/srd/index.php/Main_Page</a> Sorry for the late reply myself! After having a look at the SRD, I don't know if that would be my thing. I do like the idea, but I think right now I am just looking for a 5E D&amp;D game that I can play long term.
Update 4: Hey all. Just a little update. I am currently doing 2 games a week. Wednesday and Sunday so those days I cannot do. I am open the rest of the week though. Always up for more D&amp;D, Specially since I haven't gotten to play as a player in a long time (Only recently I started playing again as a Player again.) I am also looking for a Long term game. I don't mind if it's Homebrew, just know I am not interested in Custom Races, or classes. I am also really just looking for D&amp;D 5E. I love Fantasy and am not really looking for something like Steam punk or anything like that. Just D&amp;D hehe. Feel free to read through the post, or Pm me if you have questions.
Update 4.5: Okay, so the days have changed once again. I am now open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I am not open Sunday because of that days game. SORRY for all the updates!
Update 5: Days have once more changed. Open Monday through Friday now. (Saturday and Sunday are taken) Still open to groups, feel free to dm or add me on discord. &lt;3
Update 6: Days have once more changed. Now only open, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am currently playing in 3 games. Am open for maybe one game maybe toward the middle of the week. Other then that! Feel free to say hello to me! Always looking for friends =)

Edited 1620381064
Update 7: The days haven't changed, but I am just letting those who might be interested in me as a player know. I am looking for a mid week game, and a long term game. By mid week I mean Wednesday, Thursday. I am currently playing 3 games which are back to back. and am always looking to play more and meet new people. I am also strictly looking for D&amp;D, but am open to Homebrew worlds.
Update 8: No day changes. Just an update. I am still looking for a mid week game. Something to give me something to do during the business days of the week (Monday-Friday is what I mean.) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays are still open. Am looking for a long term campaign. Only looking for one more game I think. I will update if things change or to bump the post. as I said. looking for 1 game during the middle of the week.

Edited 1620597881
Update 9: Okay, so I've been getting messages from those who want me to join on days I already play on. I can not play on Monday, Saturday, or Sunday, and I do not wish to pick up a second group on those days because it would just confuse me waaaay to much. Please understand this. I don't want to waste anyone's time, so please, please, please, Understand. MY open days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Those are the days I am open on. Please do not pm me asking if I'd be interested in playing on a day I have games on. As said in multiple updates, I am looking for games in the middle of the week to keep me busy. While I appreciate those who pm me that are interested. Please I don't wanna waste your time, specially if I can't do the days your games are on. This next part of the update is characters I created that I'd be interested in playing. With these characters, please know that I am always willing to change some things in the backstory, and am always open to advice and suggestions. Also, These characters are in NO way special at all. I like to make interesting backstories, and tell a story with a character. These are also just character ideas and they could be changed later. So please enjoy the read. Cassandra Sulkan, Variant Human, Oath of Vengeance Paladin: Cassandra grew up in a noble house in Waterdeep. Her family were a bunch or religious nut balls who worshiped the Great Dragon God Bahamut. Cassandra is Loyal, and very laid back, specially for a paladin. She was trained by her father at an early age to fight, and had a very close relationship with him. One day, Cassandras mother, Who was secretly an assassin who had spent YEARS playing the role of innocent noble wife, Poisoned Cassandra's father with a special type of poison that couldn't exactly be cured so easily. The only cure, Cassandra would find out via a dream like Vision Bahamut sent her, is to find an ancient sword that is somewhere in the world. This sword is a very holy weapon, only talked about in myth. Determined to save her father and get Vengeance on her own mother. She swore and Oath of Vengeance, and would leave to find the blade. Which brings her to why she becomes an Adventurer. Little does she know. Shortly after she left to adventure and find this blade, Her father would die months into her quest, and she wouldn't know about it. Character notes: So obviously, the Blade that Bahamut showed Cassandra was the Holy Avenger, a Legendary blade in D&amp;D that is simply amazing for paladins. I also took inspiration from Greek Myths. Such as the Golden Fleece from Jason and the Argonauts. The character, while she worships Bahamut, is very laid back when it comes to things. She's not this folk hero, she's just a determined woman who wants to save someone close to her and that was betrayed by her own. I am hesitant to play Lawful characters because I feel like it would bring the party down. I prefer to play a Chaotic good character, but Obviously Bahamut isn't a Chaotic god. I also like the idea of a character having an end goal. The reason she leaves is to save someone she loves, only to when she does get the blade, to find out that her quest was in vein. It builds character a little. I'd also be okay with the Blade not being the Holy Avenger too. There is a lot to discuss about this character. Vrinia Fireslider, Half elf, Assassin Rogue/GloomStalker Ranger : Separated from her family and twin sister at Birth, Vrinia grew up on a small farm, outside the Baldur's Gate area. Her adoptive Parents, two Dwarves who struggled to have a child of their own, were happy to take her in and raise her. Growing up on the farm, Vrinia was sheltered a lot. Not being allowed to leave the farm. Her adoptive father and her were close, but the two would butt heads about this. This would cause Vrinia to sneak off into the forest near the farm and would teach her many things, such as how to track animals, and how to sneak around. Her father later would take her to Baldur's Gate to get supplies. Being excited to see a city for the first time. The two would take a small cart to it. There she would meet two people who would change her life forever. Kit, a Human woman, and Lorthin a Wood elf. The three would bond and would often sneak off to do things while at Vrinia's farm. They showed her how to steal and how to even fight, using a longbow. Vrinia's adoptive father didn't like this, and the two would have a blow out, with Vrinia stealing his cart, and horse and leaving with Kit and Lorthin. 5 years would go by, and Vrinia was a wanted criminal, for kidnapping, stealing and even some fighting. The three always got away though. However this would change when the three attempted to kidnap a daughter of a noblemen in Waterdeep. Which resulted in the girls Father being killed by kit, which shocked Vrinia to her core, and them kidnapping the daughter and the Noblemen's now widowed wife. The three escaped Waterdeep with them, and were now on the run from a group of Adventurers. Having a change of heart. Vrinia would release the noble ladies, however this brought tension to the three. With Kit wanting to kill Vrinia, and Lorthin wanting to just leave her. They would be attacked by the group of adventurers, and Vrinia would be captured by them, Kit and Lorthin abandoning her. Vrinia would escape, however the mage of the group would send a fireball at her, blowing her into a tree, and resulting in Vrinia suffering severe burn marks on the left side of her body, which effected her very much. She would escape the adventuring group, and would find herself in Baldur's gate once again. Where she would meet her friend, and lover Erisa. Eri would teach Vrinia the ways of the assassin, and Vrinia would go on multiple assassin missions, mostly to kill troublesome people, like Bandits. However, One mission resulted in the death of Eri and Vrinia's friend, and Vrinia being shocked by the death she caused, left once again. Now on the run from multiple people. She looks to find a way to make some gold, and get the hell out of this area of the world. Character notes: This character is a character I didn't get to play much since the group she was in fell apart recently. Vrinia (And her twin sister) are two of my oldest characters, and I feel has a lot of ways she could go. Her backstory out of all my characters is the most fleshed out. More characters will be added later as I look to play.
Update 10: No day changes. Just adding a character Idea I had. Something I'd be interested in playing. Ahim De Moonfame (Pronounced "Im" The AH is silent) Firbolg, Circle of the Moon Druid: Born to a small circle of Druids. Ahim was born to a circle of Druids known as the Moonfame family. A group of Firbolg people who tended to travel between the Feywilds and the Sword Coast. Ahim wasn't born like most children. Crying and screaming, She actually was born smiling and giggling, it was a odd case, but even at an early age, she showed she was able to commune with Nature. This wasn't a surprise really, Her parents were both Druids. As she got older and her family traveled around, she became more curious about the other races. The first time she saw a human, she was in aw, specially as a little girl. Her family were very reclusive. Preferring to avoid the other races, and for good reason. Her parents always told her to never go near the other races. Specially humans, and that they were kinda dangerous. However Ahim was a curious sort, and would often sneak off and spy on humans. This is where she met her best Friend, a Noble woman named Aurora Nightheart. At first, She was afraid, but she soon realized. Humans weren't like what her parents had told her. However, one day when she was playing with her new friend, She was spotted by another human, The man had one eye, and Aurora didn't recognize him. They didn't pay much mind to him, however, when Ahim went back to her home, the man had followed her, and spied on her family. The next day, Ahim went off to play with her friend, and when she came back home later that day. Her family were all dead, and their homes burned. Ahim felt responsible for this. She let that man see her, and her family paid the price. Angered, she would never forget that mans face, and would spend the next couple years hunting him down. Now an adult. Ahim doesn't trust the other races easily, and is highly protective of her friends. Those she trusts. However, upon being given a vision within a dream to journey and find the other Circles of Druids. She must complete her Druidic training. She now travels the world. To complete her two quests. To Find the man who murdered her family, and to finish her druidic training. Character notes: Okay, so a few things about this character. 1. I know NOTHING about Firbolgs in D&amp;D. It's a race I haven't exactly played. SO I don't know much about them. 2. I also don't know much about Druids in the D&amp;D Universe. So things could change with this character if I and the DM worked on it. I'd see Ahim as a quiet and reserved person, at first not trusting people because of what happened to her family. However, I'd also see her as someone who is very loving and wholesome. Maybe a little dense and not really understanding the other races cultures, I also see her as being kinda one of those people who make jokes that just don't make sense but SHE understands it. Honestly my first time playing a druid wasn't my favorite time. I'd like to give it another chance. And of course. Things can change. I am always open to advice and even changing some of the backstory. To make it make more sense.
Update 11: Day's have changed again. I am now only open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Just took on a Wednesday game.
Ra said: I've got a game on Monday if you are interested and it suits. Please be sure to update us if your availability changes. :-) I have a Monday game sadly, and a Wednesday game. Thank you for the offer though!
Ra said: It's on Monday again now!&nbsp; As I said, I have games Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. If it was on another day, I'd love to join but I don't want people to move days just because of me =)
Hey Virnia, how are you?&nbsp; I am sending you a dm for more infornation on a friday evening game I want to run.&nbsp; Thank you. :)
Ra said: Ok, Monday is also no go. Gotcha. Already moved it from Wednesday but no worries. Not your fault. We could play Sunday if that suits? The days I am open are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Edited 1620768103
Ra said: Ok, I've moved it twice but no matter. Thought Wednesday was ok. How's Tuesdays? My game is roughly about 39% combat vs RP/exploration. Is that ok with you? I can do Tuesdays. As I said, I am open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. And I mean, I am always open to Rp!
Ra said: Ok, that's great. You mention you'd rather avoid a game that restricts races. Only race restricted is&nbsp;aarakocra. Is that ok? That's fine, I've never played one soooo.
Ra said: Ok, that's good. I'm usually pretty permissive but I'm afraid of birds. The game is a Hebrew world, are you ok with that? You can come up with your own backstory, no probs. Hebrew world?
Ra said: Sorry, autocorrect on my phone. I meant Hebrew world. You mean Homebrew? I am open to Homebrew. BUt I wanna hear more about it before I give a answer.

Edited 1620769617
Sorry, yes, Hombre world! You said you want at least a little character freedom. You can choose between a gnome or a halfling. Is that ok?
Ra said: Sorry, yes, Hombre world! You said you want at least a little character freedom. You can choose between a gnome or a halfling. Is that ok? Just gnome and Halfling? I think I might have to pass on that my friend.
Ra said: You can player any other but I thought you wanted a little character? Sorry, English is my first language. Oh no no! When I say "I want a little character freedom" I mean I wanted Character freedom, Not that I am not open to playing a smaller character,
Ra said: Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. You can be any character you like. You said you want a long term game. Mine starts in October. Is that long enough? I'd have to think about it first. October is a long way, away. Is that okay?
Ra said: Yes, of course you can have time to think.&nbsp; We speak Spanish when we play. Do you speak Spanish already or would you need to learn for October? I don't speak Spanish, and I don't think I can learn Spanish by October. I might have to pass on the game.
We could play in English if it helps. What days were you available again?
Hey, I was interested in joining if you are still accepting people. I'm still fairly new because every time I play people drop it after level 5.
Doja cub said: Hey, I was interested in joining if you are still accepting people. I'm still fairly new because every time I play people drop it after level 5. I am looking for a game, Not looking for Players, though I will keep you in mind If I do start Dming again.
Update 12: Okay, So there seems to have been some confusion on the days I cannot play. I will go ahead and make an edit to the first post explaining WHICH days I cannot play on. Just so it makes things easier. I apologize for the confusion. And if you have questions about the post, Please PM me. And please make sure you read everything. Days I CANNOT PLAY: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday. Days I CAN play: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. A few other things: I am an English speaking Player from the US, Las Vegas, NV. I do not speak any other languages. I will not be able to learn other languages. I am looking for English games. Not trying to be mean, or rude. Just wanted to make sure everyone understands. I am also looking for More Forgotten Realms games. I am okay with Homebrew if I enjoy the sound of the world. But I strictly wanna play D&amp;D 5E, and Am looking for Fantasy. I wanna fight dragons, and tell a story. But I am mostly looking for Forgotten Realms. You can PM me and ask of course! Just please understand what days I can't play on. My final thing here. I am thinking about Dming again. I am working on an old world I created back in 2018, and spicing it up. I ran this Homebrew game with a group of people who live in my city and State. They loved it, but felt I should expand the world a bit cause a lot of it was me improving, and coming up with things on the fly. There are a few problems with this though. I am not a pro, and I have NO clue how to work Roll 20's stuff. So when I say thinking? I am really just on the fence. There is also the issue of the fact that I do not have the money to really make a map (Nor would I know HOW to) and I've never used Roll 20 to DM before. So this would be a learning process as well. But again. On the Fence.&nbsp; If I do DM, I will likely be making a separate post, Basically explaining more stuff about the world, More about the possible issues that come with me DMing (I am flat broke right now, so getting stuff would be rough for me.) However, I would have it be all classes, and all races from the Official D&amp;D books. (Gunslinger, and Bloodhunter would have to be discussed before hand.) Sorry for all the updates! Just wanted to clear that up for everyone. Don't want anyone confused Have a wonderful day! and don't forget to stay gold. =)