Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell Slot Tracking and Ritual Spells

According to the information on the 5G OGL Companion Script, Spell Slot Tracking should not be reducing the spell slots when casting Ritual Spells.  However, I have a Druid that when they cast Detect Magic (or any spell marked as Ritual), it decrements the available spell slots.  According to the rules and my understanding of how the script should work, it should not decrement the available spell slots. Is this an error in the Companion Script, an error on the character sheet (using a clean 5G OGL character sheet with Charactermancer), or is this my misunderstanding on how spell slot tracking and ritual spells should work? Automatic Spell Slot Tracking Automatic Spell Slot Tracking is a feature that requires the above Companion API Script. Once installed, follow these instructions to enable automatic spell slot tracking in your game: In the chat input area of the Sidebar, type  !5estatus  and press Enter, to check if spelltracking is set to 'on'. If not, type  !spelltracking on  and press Enter to activate this feature. Alternatively, you may type  !spelltracking quiet  and press Enter to activate this feature, while preventing spelltracking messages from being displayed in the chat. Once the Spell Slot Tracking has been activated, each time a spell is cast: The number of cast spells of the appropriate level is updated in the Spell tab of the character sheet (see  Spell Levels & Spells Per Day ). A message is output in the chat, displaying the spell level, the number of available spell slots and the number of used spell slots for this level. Spell slots decrement as spells are cast. Spells that are marked as a Ritual do not affect the tally of spell slots when cast.  
Nevermind.  I found the issue.  Even though the Ritual Spells have the R icon, they do not have the Ritual checkbox checked.  Not sure why this isn't checked by default for Ritual Spells; that seems like a Compendium bug.