Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nested Macro Formatting

Edited 1620443519
Hello all, So a basic question. I am using this nested macro: " /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Initiative Menu}}{{[Group](!group-init) [Inidividual](!#Initiative)}} " It is producing this: How do I get the buttons to be left justified?
The default template automatically right-justifies everything in the left column, and left-justifies everything in the right column. There's no way to adjust that with a macro or anything in-game. However, you can use the Stylus extension to modify the display for your own computer.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could cause them to sit centrally by pretending that the first button is a label and the second is the value: /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Initiative Menu}}{{[Group](!group-init) = [Inidividual](!#Initiative)}} Or you could fake left justification by padding the right hand side with a bunch of non-breaking spaces: /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Initiative Menu}}{{[Group](!group-init) [Inidividual](!#Initiative)                }} The latter being much more hacky and less stable than the former ;)
Ziechael said: You could cause them to sit centrally by pretending that the first button is a label and the second is the value: /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Initiative Menu}}{{[Group](!group-init) = [Inidividual](!#Initiative)}} Or you could fake left justification by padding the right hand side with a bunch of non-breaking spaces: /w gm &{template:default}{{name=Initiative Menu}}{{[Group](!group-init) [Inidividual](!#Initiative)                }} The latter being much more hacky and less stable than the former ;) Thank you! I tried the first solution you suggested but then I got annoyed with the lack of bold formatting. I suppose I will have to survive or jam some spaces in.