Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e NPC hit point formula - problem

Edited 1620464318
On the D&D 5e NPC character sheet there seems to be a problem with the hit point formula specifically there seems to be a magical spare “ ) “ bracket appearing after you close the npc character sheet. and you can’t get rid of it. You can delete it but it keeps coming back   - I even tried extra ( to balance out the ) but no joy, it just adds another ) This  (   then messes up the ability to use the “npc Hp formula” in tokens If you select “NPC hp formula” on the token it does not calculate the Hit Points correctly because of the bracket ( I would presume that the correct use of NPC-hp formula would be to leave the Hp-total field empty so that the formula will calculate a random hp based on the formula.  - use on goblins and other canon fodder baddies i think that this magical ) issue has been around for a while now. I seem to remember noticing it before but never took much notice until I tried using the “npc-Hp-formula” option on the token.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Interesting, when I tried to make a new NPC and just filled out the hp formula field with "5d6+3", the brackets where shown on both sides. It seems more like the opening bracket is missing on your sheet for some reason. Are you using any browser plugins, or a browser other than Chrome/Firefox? If you drag NPCs from the Compendium, how do they turn out?
Not able to use pc at the moment so just working off ipad, but the magic “ ) “ is appearing On older pc created npc also monsters drawn from the compendium seem to have the have the extra ) closing bracket