Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP 4-6][5e][Paid] Tomb of Annihilation - Thursdays @ 6pm (US-Central) - new players welcome

Edited 1621367396
This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of&nbsp;$10 per session paid via PayPal prior to each session&nbsp;(Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.) Story: Tomb of Annihilation is a story about death and the lengths individuals go to avoid it. Those successful in avoiding death have been retired adventurers who have walked in your shoes, the world's wealthiest who have perhaps financed adventurers, civil and religious leaders guiding the masses through their lives, and those with access to the most powerful magic. The Death Curse has draw the attention of everyone regardless of affiliation or creed. Whether to end it or harness it, the world is searching for the cause.&nbsp; Module: This is a very difficult module with a&nbsp; gigantic &nbsp;hex crawl right in the middle. To help offset the grind of the hex crawl, I tend to level players up higher than the module calls for. As such, I usually increase the difficulty of some content. The conclusion of the module could find characters anywhere from 11th - 17th level depending on their choices. Due limited social encounters when trekking through an inhospitable, uninhabited jungle, it can be difficult to work character backgrounds into the story. All characters will certainly have value because of the need for teamwork, but if you want your character to have added narrative impact it is recommended that you worked with the other players and myself during character creation. I will be more than happy to make suggestions regarding backgrounds, faiths, and factions. This module also has a lot of puzzles and riddles. I highly recommend applying if puzzles and riddles are a story element that interests you...or if you're willing to suffer through them.&nbsp; About the DM: I've been DM'ing D&amp;D 5e for several years and almost exclusively Tomb of Annihilation. I absolutely love this module and the many challenges players must work through. I'm an firm believer in providing a safe, inclusive gaming space for everyone. I enjoy the process of teaching D&amp;D 5e to new players and experienced players helping the group navigate social encounters or remember the rules. With my Pro subscription to Roll20, I utilize a large number of API scripts to optimize and enhance the gaming experience for everyone.&nbsp; Schedule: Our sessions will start at 6pm (US-Central) on Thursdays and run from 3-4 hours. Outside of the session, I provide a high level of availability to players. I build a highly organized Discord server to support the campaign both during and between sessions. Rules: We'll be using Discord for voice entirely (cameras not required). Players with poor quality microphones may be rejected. Behave in a manner that facilitates an inclusive gaming experience for everyone. Please refrain from discussing real life events or topics. As this is a paid campaign, attendance is expected. However, I know that sometimes life happens and may get in the way of gaming. If a situation occurs that will cause you to miss a session, please notify me as soon as possible. We will adhere to the D&amp;D 5e ruleset as closely as possible. Exceptions to this will be communicated prior to sessions. If a rules discussion develops during a session, I will make a ruling in the moment and we will review those rules outside of a session. Paid Game This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of&nbsp; $10 per session paid via PayPal prior to each session&nbsp; ( Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.) . &nbsp;But why? Paying to play in this game will provide you with numerous benefits. This helps foster positive player attendance while ensuring we have more engaged players. Also, I provide an extremely high level of availability to players between sessions. In order to ensure we get the most out of our weekly sessions, I will be spending a lot of time throughout the week to facilitate the story and support the players. Application: Name:&nbsp; Discord ID:&nbsp; Age:&nbsp; Experience:&nbsp; What are you looking for from this&nbsp; campaign ? Are you able and willing to pay $10 for each session? What classes would you be interested in playing?&nbsp; (full character creation will be done as a group) Anything else you'd like to add or share? LFG Link:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/290433/tomb-of-annihilation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/290433/tomb-of-annihilation</a>

Edited 1620876212
Josh
Plus
Name: Josh Discord ID:&nbsp; sith_delinquent#2132 Age: 34 Experience: 22 years of ttrpg, 20 of which was dming&nbsp; What are you looking for from this&nbsp; campaign ? To enjoy playing in a game when I am out of town.&nbsp; Are you able and willing to? I&nbsp; will &nbsp;be&nbsp; available &nbsp;roughly 3/4&nbsp; Tuesdays&nbsp;every month, I travel a lot for work. I will be able to play some Tuesdays &nbsp;when I am home but I will prioritize being with my family first.&nbsp; What classes would you be interested in playing? In order: ranger, wizard, fighter Anything else you'd like to add or share? I would prefer a group of 5 at most, large groups can be clunky, fewer players is more time for the ones present. I am open to other days and would also prefer a 7pm start time if possible, or at least some flexibility. What books are you using and what is the plans for stats and all that?&nbsp;
Allowed Content: Player's Handbook (PHB) Xanathar's Guide to Everything (XGE) Volo's Guide to Monsters (VGM) Elemental Evil Player's Companion (EEPC) Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (SCAG) Tal'Dorei Campaign Settings (TDS) Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (TCE) other WoTC published material upon request Starting Out: Point Buy per PHB (pg 13) 1 free feat at level 1 Customizing Your Origin per TCE (pg 7) Background Proficiences: any two that make sense for your character concept I am also open to other days of the week depending on player availability.
Name: Eric Discord ID: ruadh128#3126 Age: 49 Experience: I have played off and on since I was 8.&nbsp; I have been DMing a game for friends and family for the last two years. What are you looking for from this&nbsp; campaign ?&nbsp; I am looking forward to being a player.&nbsp; My group loves tactical combat, but I would love to rp and work on story.&nbsp; Puzzles and riddles are exciting to me, so I look forward to that aspect as well. Are you able and willing to pay $10 for each session?&nbsp; Yes. What classes would you be interested in playing? shepherd druid, twilight cleric, bladesinger wizard Anything else you'd like to add or share? I am laid back and easy going, and looking for a fun experience.&nbsp; Playing in a professional environment appeals to me.&nbsp; I look forward to hopefully joining a group of like minded people.&nbsp; Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Name: Jacob Discord ID: forrestbof#5936 Age: 38 Experience: Only 5 or so years&nbsp; What are you looking for from this&nbsp; campaign ? Looking to have a good game with some new people to see more potential in the game beyond my normal player group Are you able and willing to pay $10 for each session? Yes What classes would you be interested in playing? Mainly Paladins and Clerics Anything else you'd like to add or share? I am pretty low key and looking to see how others get on
Name: Jamie but Jam is fine by me Discord ID: Rhotic#5634 Age: 28 Experience: About 4 years What are you looking for from this&nbsp; campaign ? A good time. I'm interested in heavy RP, combat, puzzles, romance. That sort of thing. Are you able and willing to pay $10 for each session? Yeah What classes would you be interested in playing?&nbsp; (full character creation will be done as a group) I'm the most comfortable with playing Druids and slightly comfortable with Barbarians but I don't mind branching out if need be. I've been wanting to play a Cleric for a bit as well. Anything else you'd like to add or share? Nope.
Name: Mark Discord ID: Tybrous Age: 37 Experience: 20+ years off and on What are you looking for from this&nbsp; campaign ? Having fun with other ttrpg nerds like myself Are you able and willing to pay $10 for each session? sure What classes would you be interested in playing?&nbsp; As a forever DM I have a lot of character builds on the backburner, so flexible Anything else you'd like to add or share? I personally like the RP elements of TTRPGs but can min/max with the best of them. Just let me know the style of the table and I'll build and play to the group.
We currently have 4 players, but 1-2 more would be amazing.