Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Help! Advice on Leveling Pathfinder Rogue/Monk!

Hey guys. I am stuck on a choice of which class to level my newest character in. Let me give you a quick rundown: -Playing Carrion Crown in a 5 PC group (no spoilers, please!) -Character is currently Human Rogue 1/ Monk:Martial Artist 1 - Uses Weapon Finesse for melee (Short sword/sickle), Lt Crossbow for Ranged - S: 10 D: 17 Cn: 14 I: 14 W: 14 Ch: 8 - The party consists of Human Wizard 3, Human Inquisitor 3, Dhampir Druid 3 (w/ Giant Slug), Human Cleric of Iomadae 3 Now, obviously he is no tank, and melee is acceptable but not his forte...he hits fairly often but his damage is bleh. I didn't really plan on taking a Monk lvl, but felt it was necessary due to the lack of a pure Fighter or Barbarian in the group, and a single old townsman beat us up. I stuck with the crossbow, but once the Inquisitor came into her own with her ranged attacks, she became the dominant one in that respect. I really want to stick with this character for the long haul, but too many times in the past I have totally screwed the pooch in regards to inefficient builds, and want this guy to remain viable for multiple campaigns. I see the pro's and con's as follows: Take next level in Rogue: get a Talent, more skill points, one step closer to 2d6 Snk Atk Dmg, favored class bonus. Take next level in Monk: get 2 feats, one of which is Scorpion Style (one of my faves), better bonus to HP and Saves. It seems I am at a crucial crossroads in this character's development and feel pressured to make a good choice. For RP, he is a former street punk who was taken in by the Professor (Carrrion Crown story hook Professor guy) and "reformed" and trained as an agent for the Professor's research needs, but ended up betraying the Prof and stealing valuables to fund a year long bender across Ustalav. He feels a few pangs of guilt as he gets older, and as he travels to apologize and make things right with the Prof, he gets word of his death... So...what do you guys think as far as the build? Focus on Rogue and go ranged/skills or go Monk for more melee viability? Go to Character Sheet.. Thanks!!
This thread is off-topic for our site. We only permit discussion that is specific to Roll20 (which you can read about in our Code of Conduct ). Since this is a general RPG question, you'd be better served posting it on a general RPG site, like reddit.com/r/rpg.