Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Stops Working

Ok so today I was running a macro I made to setup token's quickly, and for some reason nothing was happening.  No errors, the sandbox didn't crash (I have seen that a lot), but nothing.  I was using token-mod, so I went and disabled it, let the sandbox come up again, then reenabled it and it started working.  Has anyone seen this before?  Is this "normal?"
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I wouldn't call it "normal", but I have seen the sandbox become unresponsive and require a restart, and possibly the disable/reenable of a script to get back on track.  I think I've seen that when I've left the game and api page open for a long time (like days).
That's been happening to me at least once every couple of days since the last big API update this year. Sometimes it'll happen multiple times during a session and I haven't yet figured out what triggers the silent crash. It usually just requires an API restart, and the log will say there's no sandbox detected as it goes through that process.
Ok, good to know.  I am running my first game on Roll20.  I come from AD&D in the 80's (yes I am old) and have always done theater of the mind but then... covid.... :)
This exact thing just started happening for me.

Edited 1621803488
Gold
Forum Champion
I had non-performance from API today, for the first time in a while to-this-extent. The weird thing being, I restarted the API (it looked like it was running normal before & after the restart) but the script stopped producing the output in chat part-way through today, I was using ColorEmote API script just like normal for the past few years every game. At this point I'm restarting browser, clearing cache, and then going to reload and try again guessing/felt like it was just stalled out or going slow or choking up, i bet it will be back after a wait whether my restarting helps or not IDK