Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exporting characters to vault fails to bring avatar and token images

What is the trick to getting my character images to show up in the vault?  Sometimes when I try to export to the vault I get broken image links, even though I have the images on the character in the game I'm trying to use as a source.
I uploaded an animated GIF to my game, but it appears that the image was converted to .webm format.
It looks like export and import work, but the vault just isn't able to preview the images due to the saved file format.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Pete K. said: It looks like export and import work, but the vault just isn't able to preview the images due to the saved file format. The Token & Avatar should show up in the Vault, but maybe it doesn't work for some formats, like gifs? This is how my Vault looks like: