Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Use a Sheet macro to call another sheet macro?

Is there any way to get a sheet macro to call another sheet macro? Lets say I want to make 2 macros that activate 2 or 3 other macros Turret <--- macro I'm trying tomake #FireGun1  <--- macros I'm trying to set off #FireGun2 Starboard #FireGun3 I'm trying to make a starship helper for starfinders starship combat The starships have different facings. Turret, port, starboard, aft, etc. Different ships have different set ups, so one ship might have 3 guns in the front and none in the back or one gun pointing every which way. The help page for calling a macro amounts to...use #.  But leaves out a lot of other specifics.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You don't want to call a macro. You want to call an ability . You need to specify which character's ability you're going to call.
When I tried that it said ability not found
Problem solved. After some very frustrating hours and wishing horrible  locust based curses on the developers, the problem was that the WyvernMk1 was misnamed the Wybern Mk1 followed by a blank space.  I would stop the shipment of locusts but they said the shipping was non refundable.

Edited 1621817585
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Something else to keep in mind is that the abilities are not actually edited until after you hit the checkbox on them. This means that if you try to call an ability while having it opened for editing, the edits will not be called. And, glad you got it figured out. Too bad about the locusts though.