Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Countdown Timer?

Any chance anyone has taken over this and has a working copy?&nbsp; We really need a countdown timer that doe snot spam the chat log. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/154950/script-hourglass-stopwatch-etc" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/154950/script-hourglass-stopwatch-etc</a>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What are the requirements?
It needs to be automated, i.e. count down on it's own when activated, and preferably not spam the chat log.&nbsp; I'd prefer to have a settable the time so it can be used for 15 sec, 30 sec, etc. It looks like the one linked had an token that (among other things) spun, and kept the counter on itself. It throws an error when I try to run it, and for all I know its a simple fix, but I know nothing about R20 API.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Some more questions: What do you want it to do when the time expires? Does it need to be visible all the time? Should players be able to see it? Do you want to have more than one running at a time?
Sorry, not sure why my browser didn't notify me. I'm OK with anything from a simple "times up" to a sound. It would be helpful so the players knew where they stood, but a (example 30 sec counter) 30, 20, 10,9,8... would also work. Yes, but it could be an option? I have no need for more than one at a time myself, but if you could that's not a bad thing.
Any possible luck on this or additional thoughts?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm planning to write something, just haven't gotten to it yet...
The Aaron said: I'm planning to write something, just haven't gotten to it yet... Oh wonderful and thank you (for considering this) in advance.