Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Two Weapon Attack

I know this can be done in a standard macro, but was wondering if an API would be better. One that allows a player to selected weapons and then triggers both macros to resolve thevattack? In short, resolving multi attacks and dual attacks has really stumped me without doing tons of extra work (well maybe not tons).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are you talking about calling the attack on a character sheet multiple times, or having the API create the whole sequence of output based on some input from a player to the script?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
If all you want to do is "pick" the two attacks to run, would an idea like in  this post help?
The Aaron said: Are you talking about calling the attack on a character sheet multiple times, or having the API create the whole sequence of output based on some input from a player to the script? Calling the two macros at the same time with applied modifiers.
I'm probably going to tackle it through macro and custom character sheet adjustments.
I find that players prefer to have as few drop downs and queries as possible in their gameplay while I love having them, are you sure you want to do that to players?  Most would rather just have all their weapons laid out with buttons and they do the picking right on the sheet by simply clicking which one.  You could also make a nested chat menu for all their weapons but in the end thats just moving the sheets info to the chat box which is already inundated with enough spam.  
The set up would be fairly simple. We find using the chat window is preferred, as some players only have one screen and bouncing between the sheet and the roll20 vtt gets in the way. My players like it.  For example, if you know your character is a two weapon fighter you set your sheet up for it by selecting those options. The sheetworker and macro read this and the two weapon attack is resolved. I like my macros to be universal so anyone can employ them, without have dozens of extra macros.