Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gigs is alive! Alive!

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I hope this isn't arrogant of me, but I thought a general announcement would be better than hunting down all the threads I've been involved with and explaining my absence. I have had a major medical problem unrelated to my lifelong chronic illness (bizarrely caused by the wrong prescription for my glasses apparently). I'm on the mend and will start to work through the 467 (!) messages in my notifications, and check out the status of the torg sheet and my other ongoing projects when I'm up to it. I'll have a few personal messages to reply to, but wanted to make a general announcement. Feel free to link this in any threads where it's relevant. Normal sheet worker tech support service will be resumed as soon as possible :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Not arrogant, at all. I noticed your absence and am glad you’re back-ish and wish you a speedy and full recovery. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
;-)

Edited 1622421779
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Glad you're better! Welcome back :D Did start to get worried, so I'm responsible for maybe 4-5 of those messages, woops.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thank you :) Vince, or should I say, vInce, what has happened to your name?
Gold
Forum Champion
Thank you for your many contributions to the community GiGs. Glad that you are back on.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Welcome back, GiGs!

Edited 1622427877
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Is what I thought when I read that. Glad you're feeling better!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
 GiGs is back... back again!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad to hear you're on the mend GiGs! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums again!
So glad your health is improving!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks everyone! And for memes, hehe. Since so many people are here, a quick question, When I was last here, they'd just introduce a character sheet update but it had teething problems. Is everything settled with that now? Is it okay to update older sheets to the new system? Also any other changes I should know about in the last 2 months-ish?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I don't think the character sheet updates gave re-released yet.  The only real thing I remember from the last few months is the extension (indefinite till further notice) extension on the LDL subset. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Here's the change log:&nbsp; <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037772613-Change-Log" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037772613-Change-Log</a> Should be able to review that pretty quickly for things of interest.&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, Aaron.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
GiGs said: When I was last here, they'd just introduce a character sheet update but it had teething problems. Is everything settled with that now? Is it okay to update older sheets to the new system? Yep, start updating yours sheets. We started on documentation for it, and updated bunch of other pages as well: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Enhancement" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Enhancement</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That looks very comprehensive, Andreas.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad to know you are back and well (or at least improving!), Roll20 and the World in general is a brighter place as a result :)