Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player Token Management

It seems weird that players can delete our tokens but we can't put them back on the table top.  I frequently am punching through different actions and typing in multiple windows.  Sometimes I hit backspace while my token is selected, and bam, gone.  I then have to ask the DM to put my token back into the game which makes him tab over to another map, copy the token, tab back in, and paste it on the page. All of that is idiotic and creates extra work for the GM over what amounts to a typo. Either lock us out of deleting tokens entirely while we're in player mode, or allow us to set our tokens up.  It's fine if vision settings are restricted, but the current situation is just bizarre.

Edited 1619489187
Once a default token is set for your character, you can drag one out to the tabletop.Just drag your character's name from the journal to the tabletop. Admittedly, the default token needs to be set up by the game's GM, but you can always replace a deleted token once that is done.
You can drag it to map even without default token having been set, it then uses portrait picture.
The name?   No wonder why it never works when I try it.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .