Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Getting “unsupported browser” warning pop up while using Chrome…

Not a big deal as it still works; just thought you should know…

Edited 1622744193
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Some possibilities: you're using an older/outdated version, try updating (dunno if they have browser version as criteria as well) you're using chromium, but roll20 only counts Google Chrome and Firefox as supported browser you're using the Edge-browser, which while chromium-based and somewhat similar to Google Chrome, isn't good enough. Eve pointed out that the reason is likely you using a mobile browser version
Eve
Roll20 Team
Hey Titus, That's definitely weird, I'm on Chrome and haven't seen any warnings. Can I get you to follow the steps in Reporting a Bug  and then if you're still getting that message reply here with the information it has you gather?
Submitted a report. I’m running the webpage on an iPad Pro 2nd gen and both the OS and Chrome are up to date. Everything still works fine so not a big issue but thought I would make mention…
Eve
Roll20 Team
That might be what's doing it. We're currently in beta testing for our mobile app and while Table on Tablet  is a feature that's available to everyone it's absolutely possible that something isn't being communicated properly by the mobile browser. Either way, thanks for sending in that bug report!
I’m having the same problem, using both Firefox and Safari on an iPad running iOS 14.6 (all up to date as of this post.)
Gold
Forum Champion
It's a new "feature" on Roll20. They debuted it yesterday, according to release notes: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10133896/release-note-for-june-2-2021" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10133896/release-note-for-june-2-2021</a> It's not supposed to show for Chrome or Firefox, but, SURPRISE!&nbsp;
I also have the message.

Edited 1622835407
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Marking the mobile browsers as "not supported" is somewhat accurate, as they aren't 1-to-1 with the desktop ones. To be technical, the Chrome iOS &amp; Firefox iOS apps are closer to Safari in behavior, than other versions of Chrome/Firefox. This is due to Apple forcing all browsers on the app store to use the WebKit rendering engine &amp; JavaScriptCore (the one Safari uses), instead of Blink/V8 &amp; Gecko/SpiderMonkey , which Chrome &amp; Firefox respectively uses everywhere else. The MacOS browsers doesn't suffer from the same limitation. Obviously updating the notification for mobile firefox/chrome to be more accurate &amp; mention "table on tablet" would be better. TL;DR: All browsers on iOS are just Safari in a trench-coat. Roll20 doesn't support Safari.
I would like to ask why Edge is considered not good enough? I am not having any issues with it and roll20 as a whole, aside from the popup
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If it works, it works. The reason for supporting a limited number of browsers is that the dev crew can only cover so much. Covering those two gets the hugest chunk of modern browsers. Technically Safari is far higher than Firefox, but this includes Safari Mobile, which is the only browser on iPhones (even if they call themselves Chrome or Firefox). So you can use whatever you want and accept its positives and negatives. For you it might be far better than any alternative. Coding support however, is only devoted to those browsers.