Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Twilight 2000 4th edition Character Sheet Reliability values need correction

The Twilight 2000 4th edition character sheets are really nice.  However, the Reliability values that are able to be recorded are not quite right. For weapons and vehicles, the only values that can be selected are "A" through "D", when the values should be "0" through "5". If someone with the knowhow and skills could correct this, I think the sheets would be perfect. 
On top of this above issue, I was testing the sheet out and found that the skill 'Stamina' is rolled out as 'Close Combat' when the button is clicked. But as Mike also said, there are few issues and the sheet is quite excellent!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
However, the Reliability values that are able to be recorded are not quite right. For weapons and vehicles, the only values that can be selected are "A" through "D", when the values should be "0" through "5" The  Rel.  isn't used in the rolls, so what does it represent in the game, mechanically? And is the weapon Blast A-D rating still good? 1. Changing the select option from A-D to 0-5 would result in any existing Rel. tracking be lost, so would like to know what issues this would cause to existing users. I'd like Mike C. or some other, second person, to explicitly say they agree that weapon & vehicle Rel. should be changed from 'A-D' to '0-5', before I do it.   I don't know the system, so want to make extra sure changes I make are correct. I have been burn before, by making changes to sheet attributes, based what a single person had said, and it turns out to have been a mistake/misunderstanding on how the game or sheet works. Fixing clear bugs & adding features that doesn't impact existing content is no problem, but I want to be careful about anything that might lose data for existing user, by changing how existing things function. On top of this above issue, I was testing the sheet out and found that the skill 'Stamina' is rolled out as 'Close Combat' when the button is clicked. 2. Only the roll label is wrong, the correct stat is rolled anyway. I've added that to my fix. 3.  Beside issue 1 & 2, are there any other minor things that could be improved? Would it be practical for the skill selection to also display the die size , along with the A-D rating? In the sourcecode, I see A-D correspond to d6-d12. I see that's shown in one spot of the Vehicle section. Twilight 2000 4th Edition - Sheet Update Done stamina roll To-Do Change Weapon & Vehicle Reliability(Rel.) from A-D to 0-5 
Reliability is the value that represents the physical condition of the gear or weapon.  If it is damaged the value goes down, until it is broken at value 0.  It also can be repaired back by PC actions during the game. In summary, the A through D values do represent the die to be rolled for skill or other rolls,, with A corresponding to a d12, B to a d10, C to a d8 and D to a d6.  I also see that the book refers to the Persuasion skill, while the sheet calls it manipulation.  That is purely cosmetic. I have no issues with waiting for more feedback before making the fix.
2. Only the roll label is wrong, the correct stat is rolled anyway. I've added that to my fix. Thanks! I suppose I wasn't looking close enough and the label was throwing me off the scent. I'd like Mike C. or some other, second person, to explicitly say they agree that weapon & vehicle Rel. should be changed from 'A-D' to '0-5', before I do it.   To chime off of what Mike Z was saying, some things got changed when the Alpha rules made it to Beta and then release. Reliability used to be based on a die type as the sheet has it now, but they switched it to 0-5 in the Beta update. Same with Manipulation, it got renamed to Persuasion along the way. Minor things and not at all game-breaking. Changing it for weapons/gear/vehicles is in-line with the rules as presented in "release". Blast as A-D is still the same and doesn't need to be changed at all. The letter rating tells the user how big the explosion is.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Thanks Mike C, I'll update Rel. to use 0-5, and change the label for Manipulation to Persuasion, but not gonna touch the underlying statname or macro(so the stat remains). Someone should later create a stat migrating sheetworker so everything is aligned with the new name.
Someone should later create a stat migrating sheetworker so everything is aligned with the new name. When I grab some time I'll go over the pdf and check with the other skill names and get back to you!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I submitted a PR for the Rel. thing, dunno when it's going live: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9066" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9066</a>
Andreas J. said: I submitted a PR for the Rel. thing, dunno when it's going live:&nbsp; Awesome! All of the skill names besides Manipulation/Persuasion seem to jive with the rulebook as it stands presently as well, so it's all good there.
Thank you Andreas!&nbsp;&nbsp;
Andreas J. said: I submitted a PR for the Rel. thing, dunno when it's going live: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9066" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9066</a> Looking great! In playing around with the sheet, I noticed that the Reliability for weapons (this includes vehicle weapons on the sheet) was corrected to 0-5, but the one for Vehicles is still set to A-D. I'm guessing that this is because they are two separate entities inside the scripting?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Oh, seems I only did weapons for players and vehicles, but not vehicles themselves. I'll also update Manipulation --&gt; Persuasion
Andreas J. said: Oh, seems I only did weapons for players and vehicles, but not vehicles themselves. I'll also update Manipulation --&gt; Persuasion Thanks again Andreas!
Apologies if this necros the thread, but it still looks like the Reliability and Persuasion are still incorrect. any idea when this will be fixed?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Forgot about this, will take a look later this week.
Now the dice roller visuals are disabled in the Chat log.&nbsp; It used to show a critical hit, a hit or a miss.&nbsp; Now it displays some image without the indication of the values.&nbsp; Hovering over the result does result in a pop up of the rolled dice.
Mike Z. said: Now the dice roller visuals are disabled in the Chat log.&nbsp; It used to show a critical hit, a hit or a miss.&nbsp; Now it displays some image without the indication of the values.&nbsp; Hovering over the result does result in a pop up of the rolled dice. Yes. I am seeing the same problem.&nbsp;
Mike Z. said: Now the dice roller visuals are disabled in the Chat log.&nbsp; It used to show a critical hit, a hit or a miss.&nbsp; Now it displays some image without the indication of the values.&nbsp; Hovering over the result does result in a pop up of the rolled dice. The dice roller visuals are now fixed. Should work fine when you next open it as the pull request to fix it was just merged today.
I would have fixed the manipulation to persuasion issue. But I'm not a JS user, so I wouldn't be able to write a sheet worker to change the attribute value while keeping the sheets operational. I.E allows the stats to shift from manipulation to persuasion without the users doing anything with the stats or macros.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1628978570
i still see manipulation (and not persuasion) and i see the symbols for the dice rolled, but i can't see the result, i need to do mouseover