Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I gain access to the rotating handle on a token

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm having an issue with being able to turn my tokens with the rotation handle. I've tried resizing it, flipping it, unlinking it from the sheet, removing all the values attached to the token but the handle is still covered by the circles. What can I do to gain access to the rotation handle for right now tokens are useless to me.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
zoom in/out
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
"duh" *slaps self."I forgot that I was zoomed in to 200%". Thanks
When you are zoomed in over the visual handle, you can also use "E"+scroll wheel for 45 degree rotations, or "E"+Alt+Scrollwheel to get incremented rotations a few degrees at a time.
Gold
Forum Champion
Use the E+scroll wheel (or E+Alt+Scrollwheel) like OS Chris said. Yes it's really the letter E button on your keyboard! This is easier than zooming in & out to find the handle, once you get used to it. I think you'll like this method.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Thanks OldSchoolChris & Gold. I didn't know that method. It feels a bit weird to be holding the E down while scrolling the mouse. =D
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Never knew that method either. Is it is the wiki as alt key methods?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's in the wiki under Manipulating Graphics: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Manipulating_Graphics" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Manipulating_Graphics</a> You can also rotate a selected token by holding down the E key while scrolling your mouse wheel. This will rotate snap it to 45° or 30° increments. If you also hold down the Alt key, the token will rotate one degree at a time.
Yeah this is annoying, sorry (the fact that it's hidden at high zoom levels). I'll try to re-position things here in the future.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Riley, just a suggestion: Move it 90% to either side. This will allow it to be on a side with no status bubbles or other indicators. Would that be the easiest fix?