Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How long does the Creator MarketPlace process take?

[Deleted]
Marketplace Creator
We recently (7 days ago) signed our legal and tax paper work for a new MarketPlace account, but have not heard anything since then. According to the RightSignature, the paperwork seems to be accepted and signed now. I suspect there is a lot more to the process than just that, so I'm not worried - mostly curious. What has the process been like for other creators? How long before you were sent a link to your Publisher Account page? Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The recent timing seems to have been 2-4 weeks. There is a new MarketPlace manager now, so hopefully, things will go more smoothly as they come on board.

Edited 1623267415
Wordforger
Plus
Marketplace Creator
It took them two days to get back to me after I signed my agreement, but that was last year.  The process has changed slightly since then and as KeithCurtis mentioned, we just got a new Marketplace manager on board.  Once they get you set up, it's pretty simple to upload everything you need and submit for approval.  They do have to approve the set, but that's mostly to ensure it's in the right format,tagged for searches, and fits their basic community standards.  I would highly recommend you start tagging your assets now by changing file names to "Item Name[tag1,tag2,tag3]" format so you don't have to go through and tag every item when you upload it later.
JimShelley said: We recently (7 days ago) signed our legal and tax paper work for a new MarketPlace account, but have not heard anything since then. According to the RightSignature, the paperwork seems to be accepted and signed now. I suspect there is a lot more to the process than just that, so I'm not worried - mostly curious. What has the process been like for other creators? How long before you were sent a link to your Publisher Account page? Thank you! Popping in to confirm that the current processing time is, as stated above, 2-4 weeks. Responding in the thread discussing your application to let us know that you have completed your paperwork will help expedite that process, keeping it on the shorter end of that spectrum.  

Edited 1623272806
[Deleted]
Marketplace Creator
Thank you all! I thought it might take some time. I will spend the time reviewing our module. Since we are offering a module, would that need the tagging on images in the module, or just the module itself? ( I will look that up on the site for more info, so don't feel compelled to reply.)
[Deleted]
Marketplace Creator
Thank you Jayme! I'm looking forward to the Discord event!
Wordforger
Plus
Marketplace Creator
JimShelley said: Thank you all! I thought it might take some time. I will spend the time reviewing our module. Since we are offering a module, would that need the tagging on images in the module, or just the module itself? ( I will look that up on the site for more info, so don't feel compelled to reply.) Ah, that would be for images.  You'll have to ask someone who's done more modules about the formatting.  The main thing I know is you'll need to ensure you create it in Roll20 with everything you'd need to play it and ensure you're careful about copyrighted materials.
[Deleted]
Marketplace Creator
I think we are good there. We are doing all the artwork ourselves, but we will double check.