Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenNameNumber with custom markers

Edited 1623173062
I purchased a set of custom markers with numbers with the intent of using them as my numbers for the players to reference during combat.  The Aaron mentioned he was going to look at it here  but I haven't been able to find an update.  Is this something that might be coming soon?   Also, your scripts are great and thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Whoops!  That one slipped through the cracks.  I'll see if I can't get it out soonish.
Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, updated!&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10150191/script-update-tokennamenumber-now-with-custom-token-marker-support/?pageforid=10150191#post-10150191" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10150191/script-update-tokennamenumber-now-with-custom-token-marker-support/?pageforid=10150191#post-10150191</a>
That was fast! Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem!
Looking forward to trying this out on Tuesday when this version hits the API library
The custom dots worked for a while and then they started behaving sporadically.&nbsp; I'm not sure how to help you troubleshoot but I can describe the situation... It worked fine until I decided to combine two combat areas onto one page so that I wouldn't have to deal with combat master and a split party.&nbsp; At this point, TNN only triggers properly if token dots are off.&nbsp; If they're on, it might work but most of the time it fails and leaves the&nbsp; %%NUMBERED%%&nbsp; tag untouched.&nbsp; I have a lot of tokens, dynamic lighting, etc on this new combined map. TNN is failing even if I grab a token type that isn't represented already on the page. Let me know what I can do to help.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.&nbsp; There's a bit of strangeness that has to happen when tokens are added to the page.&nbsp; Right now it delays a 10th of a second before attempting a change to the name.&nbsp; However, that might not be long enough.&nbsp; I'll see about adjusting it with a backing off strategy, as well as adding a command to force it to find all %%NUMBERED%% tokens on a page and reapply their numbering scheme.
The Aaron said: Hmm.&nbsp; There's a bit of strangeness that has to happen when tokens are added to the page.&nbsp; Right now it delays a 10th of a second before attempting a change to the name.&nbsp; However, that might not be long enough.&nbsp; I'll see about adjusting it with a backing off strategy, as well as adding a command to force it to find all %%NUMBERED%% tokens on a page and reapply their numbering scheme. FWIW, when I left the game and reopened it, TNN resumed proper function. I'm guessing something was causing a slow down that was forcing TNN to miss its window of opportunity.&nbsp; Thanks for the quick reply!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, that's also my guess.&nbsp; I've been seeing some weirdness in the API sandbox lately, and a delay wouldn't surprise me.&nbsp; At one point I had a backing off algorithm that would keep trying, but I seem to have removed it for some reason.&nbsp; Might be time to implement that again...
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Fixed!&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10166692/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10166692/</a>

Edited 1623975890
Aaron, the status numbers on tokens are working great!&nbsp; This is going to be so much easier.&nbsp; Great update!&nbsp; Not to ask too much, but could you please also update the !renumber-selected script you wrote to renumber tokens in different groups?&nbsp; I didn't realize how much I used that until I was going back and updating all my tokens with the numbered status icons.&nbsp;&nbsp; I did try selecting the tokens and using !tnn -renumber but that didn't seem to do anything.&nbsp; If I use the !renumber-selected, it renumbers the nameplate, but not the number statuses.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.&nbsp; I'm assuming you'd want it to work with the Token Markers?&nbsp; Probably I should build that feature into TokenNameNumber.&nbsp; It wouldn't actually be that hard with that renumber functionality I just added, I just have to have to restrict it to a selection of tokens.&nbsp; I'll have to look into it.&nbsp; Would you want it to number from 1?&nbsp; Or number from the largest numbered token on the page?

Edited 1624033187
That would be awesome!&nbsp; Yes, selected tokens would start renumbering at 1.&nbsp; In your renumber-selected script you wrote (linked above), there was an option to use a different starting number, although I personally never used that and always just renumbered starting at 1.&nbsp; I use this all the time for different groups of the same creature on the same map.&nbsp; And the !renumber-selected script you wrote still works great, just not with the numbered token status markers. Like this group of Lizardmen.&nbsp; I have two groups of six in different parts of the map.&nbsp; When I highlighted these six and used !renumber-selected, it renumbered them, but not the status marker numbers. Before and After&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; The Aaron said: Hmm.&nbsp; I'm assuming you'd want it to work with the Token Markers?&nbsp; Probably I should build that feature into TokenNameNumber.&nbsp; It wouldn't actually be that hard with that renumber functionality I just added, I just have to have to restrict it to a selection of tokens.&nbsp; I'll have to look into it.&nbsp; Would you want it to number from 1?&nbsp; Or number from the largest numbered token on the page?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
TokenNameNumber v0.5.14 &nbsp;is now live in the 1-click!
Excellent!&nbsp; Thanks Aaron.&nbsp; The !tnn --renumber is working to renumber all the tokens on the map, and adds the correct statusmarker number.&nbsp; Fantastic!&nbsp;&nbsp; Are you still considering adding the --renumber-selected option to only renumber the selected token/group staring over at 1?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's still on my list of things to look at when I get some time.