Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Firefox and typing keys issue

For the past few days, I and another player I've spoken to in one of my games at least, have been having problems with the chat input of Roll20 while using Firefox. Specifically, the 'home' and 'end' keys are failing to respond properly. Someone else with Chrome says they are working fine in that. Is there some specific reason they aren't working in Firefox?
Yeah I've seen this not working in Firefox since its latest update too. My friend also reports the same. It's driving me mad trying to make posts without them.
"Driving me mad" trying to make posts, sounds like about the same position I'm in. I hate to use Google Chrome for anything due to privacy concerns. I'm trying to use MS Edge for now, since that hopefully blocks at least some of google's crap, and the keys work while typing there. Way too hard to make posts otherwise.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you submitted this through the Help Center?  If not, it would be a good idea to do so.  I use firefox, but I'm never posting anything large enough in chat to ever use home/end.  I do use them in handouts, but it works just fine there, so this seems to be confined to chat unless someone has spotted another place they don't work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What are the keys doing and what is the expected behavior? Can you give repro steps? I'm getting page up/page down behavior both here and in chat, but I am on a Mac, so that might make a difference. Build 89.0
They're doing a grand total of nothing when they should be going to the front and end of the row of text.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is your cursor focused in the chat input or output areas? Which are you trying to scroll? Do the buttons work when logging in through a private browsing window? Do they work in other parts of Roll20: handouts, forum posts, character sheet fields? Do they work in Firefox in sites other than Roll20?  Sorry for the barrage questions, but the description of the problem you are giving is still a little vague for testing and duplication purposes. As a stopgap measure (the main goal is finding out why the issue with the buttons in FF), if privacy is your main concern with Google Chrome, you could create a profile specifically for Roll20, and use it only for playing the game.

Edited 1624261088
Fuzzy
Plus
keithcurtis said: Is your cursor focused in the chat input or output areas? Which are you trying to scroll? Do the buttons work when logging in through a private browsing window? Do they work in other parts of Roll20: handouts, forum posts, character sheet fields? Do they work in Firefox in sites other than Roll20?  Sorry for the barrage questions, but the description of the problem you are giving is still a little vague for testing and duplication purposes. As a stopgap measure (the main goal is finding out why the issue with the buttons in FF), if privacy is your main concern with Google Chrome, you could create a profile specifically for Roll20, and use it only for playing the game. When you press Home or End when typing in chat, the cursor is supposed to jump t othe front or the back end of given line of text. Like it does on any text entry system on any webpage, including this forum. They work everywhere else and in everything in game...except in the in-game chat. So when typing long roleplay posts it's ridiculously irritating. Only in Firefox since its latest update. 89.0.1
What Fuzzy said, exactly.
Any forwarding on this? This is still occurring.
Having the same issue after the update. Home, End as well as SHIFT+Up and SHIFT+Down do not work in the text box.

Edited 1631728903
And this is still going on, as much as I don't like chromium browsers, I'm stuck using MS Edge for it right now.