Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Everything is pausing

So clicking on any feature such as character sheet, searching compendium, clicking any buttons all take 20 sec for it to register. This is making NPCs a nightmare as it feels like it is taking me 1hr just to make 4 npcs. Not sure whats causing it but it would be nice if there was a fix, its just taking way to long. I have tried in firefox and chrome, both only have roll20 running and both have the same long wait time. Its not the internet as i ran speed test to see and i have 875mb download and 55mb upload and everything else has no problems. Any idea what i can do?
WOW....super wierd so i found my own way around it.....so if anyone else is having the issue, if you zoom way out while trying to change it helps out ALOT.....very wierd. I am assuming the images even if they are small low rez they still bog everything down if you use more than 5 and try to edit also.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is likely something specific going on here, since this is not a commonly reported issue. I'm glad you found a workaround, though.
well unfortunatly that was short lived and im back to waiting forever for the new character sheet to load. It seems thats the longest process....the purple icon spins forever while im trying to make new npcs and tokens.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Do you get the same problem in an entirely new game? In a private browsing window? Are you using a VPN? That would rule out a lot of possibilities. Beyond that, I will paste the standard Troubleshooting steps below the line. Some of them you have already done. Could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
i have done all those...gonna try step 4...but now if those problems werent bad enough lol, now i cannot drag the bestiary stuff over onto a character sheet anymore....now it just tries to highlight all the letters. very frustrating lol
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
So you are seeing the issue in a brand new game and in a private browsing window? If so, here is the link for a  Help Center Request , and links for how to capture a Console Log ( Chrome ,  Firefox ) to send to the devs.
so i opened the console and noticed these kept popping up alot when trying to make a character??? Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive. This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. true Cookie “rack.session” will be soon rejected because it has the “SameSite” attribute set to “None” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read <a href="https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite" rel="nofollow">https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite</a> true Cookie “rack.session” has been rejected because it is already expired. true Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content.
Eric
Sheet Author
Might be unrelated, but I had the "Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive" error a few minutes ago. I was testing an update to a character sheet with Firefox which was very out of date on my computer. I had the error with Firefox 56. I don't have it anymore with Firefox 89.
interesting...what did you do exactly?.....I dont have much knowledge on internet scripting and what not...my firefox is currently 89
OK i found something slightly messed up that i think could be the issue.....why does roll 20 cause +10 firefox processes to show up in my task manager even though only 1 window is open on a freshly reset computer?????.....it only does that when roll20 is opened and my memory shoots to 89%????? thats why everything is so slow

Edited 1623866936
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
On the windows 10 machine I am on at the moment, Firefox shows 5 times (in the task manager) just starting the browser and going to the web search home page I use.&nbsp; Beyond that, it shows another instance in the task manager for each additional tab I have open.&nbsp; Opening a game in another tab is simply another instance of Firefox showing in the task manager.&nbsp; And that tab didn't have the highest memory usage, oddly enough.
ya not the issue here just 1 tab but now shows 7 instances...HOWEVER! the issue i have found!.....unfortunately it is the way roll20 works it self. So after doing some digging it seems that this is actually a common issue. So roll20 loads everything you have up at the very beginning. So lets say your in book 1 of a 6 part pathfinder series and you decide to have all the maps you need for that first part...4, 5, or even 6 maps. Then you decide to make your full bestiary and list of npcs. This gives roll20 a spasm which in turn gives your PC a stroke using +70% of your ram causing anything you do in roll 20 to take forever. So the only work around is to load minimal maps...1 maybe 2 and only create a minimal amount of creatures and npcs per session and not create your own bestiary. So there is a sever limit on what you can load at the expense of your performance. Still a useful program but knowing how much setup i will have to do each session now I will probably stay with the free version LOL. But thanks for those who tried to help.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ah, if you are loaded up with character sheets, then that does make a difference.&nbsp; The maps shouldn't be too bad unless you are pushing the file size limit on a bunch of them.&nbsp; I'm not sure there is a vtt that won't require you to load all your assets on game open.&nbsp; There is a way around this on Roll20 with a subscription though.&nbsp; Since I have the pro subscription with access to the Transmogrifier tool, I keep my bestiary in a game of it's own, have an npc holding game, and also a map library.&nbsp; So my active game only contains things I think I will need fairly often.&nbsp; A Plus account wouldn't be able to move maps easily, but could still have a bestiary game and move things as needed through the Character Vault . I don't know what game system you are running, but be careful about how many spells you add on if it is something like 5E or Pathfinder with fairly data heavy sheets.&nbsp; Every spell you add generates quite a few attributes, so it is best to just have what is commonly used for divine casters instead of the whole spell list.