Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players have access to all the names of my monsters for the Speak As function...

My players just informed me that they found a way to see all of the monsters I have (I suppose in the active listings, not archive?) and as a DM I'd rather be able to limit them with that, to preserve some element of surprise so when one is scrolling around to roll dice for the player who didn't show up tonight comes across a listing for a super important NPC or Asmodeus himself listing, basically informing them that that monster or NPC is in the wings of the campaign....
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The Speak As list is populated out of the list of characters in the journal that they have access to. Are you certain that the characters for your NPCs and monsters are not set with permissions for All Players ? Open a character Click the Edit button in the upper right corner Check the Fields: In Player's Journals Can Be Edited & Controlled By You can also try rejoining your campaign as a player to see what they can see: Click the Settings tab (Cog) Scroll to the bottom Click the Re-Join as Player button Investigate the As: drop down on the chat tab and the Journal for what they can see. To go back being connected as a GM: Return to the Settings tab (Cog) Scroll to the bottom Click the Re-Join as GM button Hope that helps!
Ah. I see. They have a few more than I intended them to have access to, but I see not as many as I have access to, since I can access all of them. Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem, happy gaming! =D