Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Grouped Tokens getting moved seperately

I noticed when I grouped two tokens that they're behaving differently then before and most likely not how they're supposed to. Essentially it's far to easy to accidently only move one token, out of the grouped set, completely messing the group up. I confirmed this behavior on the Main and Dev server. Dev Server has an additional bug, see below. Steps to reproduce: Create two tokens Select both and then group them together de-select everything, or select a different token. Click on one of the grouped tokens, and drag it, without releasing your initial click first. That token gets moved, all the other grouped tokens remain where they were before "Workaround": Same first three steps Click one of the grouped tokens, then release the mouse-button before you move it If you now drag+drop one of them all the others move as they're supposed to But, since most players are used to clicking and dragging in the same action, from how normal tokens behave, this is incredibly frustrating behavior, and can break up groups far to easily. It doesn't matter if you copy a token and then group them, or use different tokens. It also doesn't matter if they're in the same square, overlapping, or not touching each other at all. This happens with both GM and Player access. Additional bug on Dev Server: When clicking and releasing the mouse those selected tokens become invisible, unless they get de-selected again. This isn't limited to grouped tokens, happens all the time you select more than one token, but since selecting grouped tokens obviously does that, it makes those invisible too.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have asked if the first part is a bug or intentional.  I have filed a bug report for the second part. - Gauss
I know that previously I had to press Alt to get the single tokens in a group, otherwise it would move the entire group. And as I mentioned, considering how click+drag works on other tokens that seems like a rather strange behavior if it was intentional. I mean grouping stuff is made so i drag one and move all, so really weird that the "default" behavior is to move one
I'm pretty sure I posted about this bug before... but now I can't find the thread.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The second issue should be fixed, please let us know if it occurs again. - Gauss
Yes, the second issue seems to be fixed now. (Both in Chrome and FF)