Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros: possible to consolidate rolls?

I'm fairly new to this and not sure what it would even be called in order to search the forum for.  I have a home brew game where I roll 2d10 for skills and then adv is 3d10kh2 while disadvantage is 3d10kl2.  My macros have each roll separate and it takes up the whole chat.  Is it possible to have a command that does all of this in 1 3d10 roll and outputs 3 different numbers?  1: normal (keep first 2).  2: Adv (kh2) 3: disadv (kl2) 

Edited 1624032072
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Depending on your desired output you could do something like: /r ?{Roll|Standard,2d10|Advantage,3d10kh2|Disadvantage,3d10kl2} or /em does a thing: [[?{Roll|Standard,2d10|Advantage,3d10kh2|Disadvantage,3d10kl2}]] or &{template:default} {{name=Skill Roll}} {{?{Roll|Standard,Standard=[[2d10|Advantage,Advantage=[[3d10kh2|Disadvantage,Disadvantage=[[3d10kl2}]]}} If you want visibility of all three potential outcomes using a single roll... I'm not sure that would be possible off the top of my head but someone might come along with more time and knowledge than me :)
That's neat, thank you!  Not exactly what I wanted but it is definitely far better than cluttering up the chat :)  I suppose I assumed it would be possible because when playing D&D 5e the sheet displays 2 rolls at once to pick from.  Then again maybe that is the sheet doing the work, or some script?  No clue, total noob over here ^_^
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could absolutely have all three rolls displayed but they won't all be driven by a single roll: Standard: [[2d10]] | Advantage [[3d10kh2]] | Disadvantage [[3d10kl2]] I guess you could just always roll 3d10 and sort them to manually choose with the first 2, last 2 or an arbitrary 2 for the standard roll: /r 3d10sa There are likely many many other ways that might be closer to what you want so definitely keep an eye on this thread, the community shall suggest any I've missed in short order ;)
Chris Y. said: I suppose I assumed it would be possible because when playing D&D 5e the sheet displays 2 rolls at once to pick from.  Then again maybe that is the sheet doing the work, or some script?  No clue, total noob over here ^_^ That's the sheet simply making two separate rolls, not making a single roll with multiple dice and doing any 'math' on it to keep one roll versus the other based on individual die rolls. I can't think of any way to make three rolls and display different variations of advantage/disadvantage by only keeping two of the rolls.
The issue with the 3 rolls at once is that it is comical when a disadvantage roll beats a standard or even an advantage roll.  To prevent this weirdness your ?roll suggestion works better.  Though, now I'm wondering if I should just scrap the kh or kl of 3 method and just switch to roll 2 pick first/highest/lowest to make things easier We were manually sorting at first but just looking for ways to speed up the process now.  Thank you for your help!  :)